PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Your Work on the Web (https://photocamel.com/forum/your-work-web/)
-   -   Opinions please (https://photocamel.com/forum/your-work-web/223298-opinions-please.html)

Frogstar 05-24-2016 02:08 AM

Opinions please
 
I've designed a website for displaying my photography which is at www.kevinagar.co.uk I'm reasonably happy with it except for the galleries. These are generated in Lightroom and attached to the site. What I didn't like was the page header changed. It was also a lot of work every time I updated a gallery, I had to change the links as Lightroom only has the option for 2 links and I needed more. I've now included a document frame in the gallery pages and lnsert the Lightroom galleries into here. This I've placed at www.divejive.co.uk
Could you please have a look at both sites and give an opinion on which is the better. What do you think needs changing if anything. Thanks in advance

cesarke 06-25-2016 08:23 AM

Re: Opinions please
 
this link - www.divejive.co.uk - is not working properly " time out"
nice pictures, like the concept of the galleries
some pictures look a bit oversharpening, could be the fault of the webserver

i use WEBS.com and have in the beginning the same problem, they sharpen up the pictures.

I use photoshop to make my pictures smaller and then use the embedded galleries of my webserver.

sorry for my bad english

see ya

Michel (aca cesarke)

see JoMi foto groep

pro70z28 06-25-2016 08:56 AM

Re: Opinions please
 
Worked for me.

cesarke 06-25-2016 01:10 PM

Re: Opinions please
 
Er heeft een time-out voor de bewerking plaatsgevonden.

There a timeout for the operation has taken place.

every time i try to connect to the website i have the above answer

shadowman 06-25-2016 01:16 PM

Re: Opinions please
 
Only first link worked, I liked the setup, images appeared very small but if this was intentional might work in your favor.

Frogstar 06-26-2016 01:35 AM

Re: Opinions please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cesarke (Post 2299022)
this link - www.divejive.co.uk - is not working properly " time out"
nice pictures, like the concept of the galleries
some pictures look a bit oversharpening, could be the fault of the webserver

i use WEBS.com and have in the beginning the same problem, they sharpen up the pictures.

I use photoshop to make my pictures smaller and then use the embedded galleries of my webserver.

sorry for my bad english

see ya

Michel (aca cesarke)

see JoMi foto groep

Michel, thank you for your comments. 1st of all your English is great and perfectly understandable :afro: Sorry about the timeout but since asking for opinions I have changed my website design to be like www.divejive.co.uk and shut down www.divejive.co.uk as it was only temporary and for the moment only use www.kevinagar.co.uk. Which images are oversharpened, the thumbnails or the actual size images?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pro70z28 (Post 2299024)
Worked for me.

Thanks for looking and commenting Gary, greatly appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowman (Post 2299074)
Only first link worked, I liked the setup, images appeared very small but if this was intentional might work in your favor.

Thank you for looking and commenting, greatly appreciated. Which images are too small, the thumbnails or the actual size images. At the moment I'm in the process of changing all the actual size images from 1000px to 1200px as photocamel now accepts larger images and I only tended to do one size for all web posting, even my website.

wolfd 06-26-2016 01:43 AM

Re: Opinions please
 
A very nice web site Kevin. I enjoyed viewing your images and excellent Photoshop tips.

CameraShy1 07-11-2016 09:29 PM

Re: Opinions please
 
Thought photos were nice, but did not handle smaller screen well - at least for me. maybe make it more responsive for a smaller screen size
Just a thought...

Frogstar 07-12-2016 12:16 AM

Re: Opinions please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CameraShy1 (Post 2302879)
Thought photos were nice, but did not handle smaller screen well - at least for me. maybe make it more responsive for a smaller screen size
Just a thought...

Thank you Tracy for looking and commenting. What exactly is the problem with small screen sizes? I've looked at the site with a tablet and a phone so not sure what you mean. Again thanks for your response.

Dan Marchant 07-12-2016 01:01 AM

Re: Opinions please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogstar (Post 2302915)
What exactly is the problem with small screen sizes? I've looked at the site with a tablet and a phone so not sure what you mean. Again thanks for your response.

The problem is that the website is not "responsive" (which is web development parlance for "adapts to different screen sizes"). When I look at the site on my laptop the meue is fine but on my phone the buttons are far too small too see unless I zoom in, in which case everything else is lost. Likewise if I click on an image to view it it is does not resize to fit the phone screen so part of the image is off screen.

Modern website and gallery systems like Wordpress are written to be responsive, which is becoming more and more important as the % of viewers using mobile devices to access the internet is increasing constantly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.