Picture of bride for Sandrann
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 298
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Picture of bride for Sandrann

Hi,
Here is the picture of the bride I promised you earlier today. It was taken outdoors inside a gazebo lit only by christmas tree lights strung along the roof. I used a Topaz 3 filter and reduced the color saturation.

jpiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 2667
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Picture of bride for Sandrann

Hi Jim, first let me say that imho, as a wedding photograph it is emotionless. Sure, you've posed the couple nicely yet there is no interaction between them.
The groom looks vacant, aloof and remote. The bride is relating to the camera; it may have been more romantic had she been looking admiringly at her groom.
This is their wedding day yet the picture expresses sadness.

That said, you have produced a stylish, well composed and well exposed image in a very nice soft monochrome. I'm giving it karma!

Edit: I am wondering, are your subjects professional models?
sandrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2656581
Editing OK?: Yes

Ummm.... emotionless or full of emotion, that is, deep contemplation? Just another point of view. Cheers, Bill P.
gaopa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 298
Editing OK?: Ask First

Hi,

This couple was rather contemplative all day long. They just weren't very spontaneous or full of smiles. After a while, I just accepted that they were that way and captured them as they were. This shot was taken late at night as things were winding down and they were exhausted and taking a moment to relax before moving on to the grand exit. It really captures who they are.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: