PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Weddings (https://photocamel.com/forum/weddings/)
-   -   Happy Bride and Groom (https://photocamel.com/forum/weddings/73668-happy-bride-groom.html)

KellyL 03-06-2009 10:59 PM

Happy Bride and Groom

1 Attachment(s)
I'm tired. I wanted to post more from last weekends wedding, but everything is overwhelming me right now and I have to teach my photography class tomorrow at the community college. Why do I try to do more than I should?

KellyL 03-06-2009 11:11 PM

Re: Happy Bride and Groom

6 Attachment(s)
Oh what the heck. Here are a few other shots. In her book, Bambi Cantrell says that a better shot is a waist up shot of the maids and matrons of honor, so I tried it out. I do like it better.

KellyL 03-06-2009 11:13 PM

And there you have the mums on both sides of the aisles. Both of them were emoting just a bit. A wee bit. My goal was to try and capture the groom's expression upon seeing his bride. Look closely.

littlegal 03-07-2009 10:46 AM

Well done Kelly. You are getting great ambient here. Good luck with your class!

Padre 03-07-2009 03:50 PM

The background in the 1st suffers a bit but in the others I the background light has a great mood. For the maids the 3rd crop is my favorite. Nice job mr. busy!

KellyL 03-07-2009 06:05 PM

Yes, the bride and groom stood at the end of the reception hall with TWO HUGE WINDOWS looking out at the snow. 3:00 wedding, sun in the west coming through the western windows bouncing off the snow. Wasn't my choice of angles for shooting. I wanted it the other way around, but alas, no can do! Photography is only SO important, you know. That first shot does need to be warmed up a tad.

See what I mean Padre? That close up of the bride's maid is much better than the full lenght, IMHO. I think Bambi was right.

rjhunter2380 03-08-2009 02:22 PM

Kelly,
I'd love to get images like these!! I wonder if you would share what you're shooting with and/or how you got the shots of folks walking down the aisle. I always seem to get motion blur somewhere in the shot. I shot with an Olympus e510 and until recently just had the kit lenses - a 14-42 f/3.5-? (I believe) and a 40-140 f/4 (maybe? - I don't have them with me right now).
Thanks!

KellyL 03-08-2009 05:22 PM

It is the pretty standard camera setting. 5.6 at 1/60, but the ISO was at 1250 instead of 400. Since this is the 40D I try not to shoot higher than 1250 as it has been my experience that there is a bit of a threshhold there for noise. And they were shot with a 24-70 f/2.8. I am thinking that the benefit of investing in good lenses is key.

rambler43 03-08-2009 05:41 PM

awsome shots, what flash did you use and did you have a softbox on it?

motox424 03-08-2009 05:57 PM

Kelly, beautiful shots! Was this the wedding in WI? If so what part?(I am from there)