A Bride Gets Ready - Warning Many Pictures - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009   #21
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2711051
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A Bride Gets Ready - Warning Many Pictures

This is a very meaningful set Kelly. I'm diggin the browns and blues so party on. I like the intimate nature of these and the power of the full length ones in front of the double glass panes. I really don't pick up that much fish eye effect in any of these..um..scratches head. Nice work and btw I picked up a 4 step work ladder from the Home Depot and on top it has a fold down tray you can set things on. It is compact for travel and easy to operate lol!
Old 03-05-2009   #22
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181
Editing OK?: Yes

Thanks Padre! I am glad you like the blue. I have seen it used in many albums and many wedding how to books done by the masters. I like it.

I want to get one of those step ladders that doubles as a hand truck. Of course, that won't help me in Finland!

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #23
Camel Breath

jay, I have had a fish eye lens for sometime now, but I don't use it that much. I think it is great, but it can be overused. Sarah, on the other hand loves it. There is just a bitty itty fish eye effect on the images.

Yes, that 5D is awesome. I have heard it said so many times it is not the camera, it is the photographer, I think it is both. That camera captures such great, sharp, detailed images and the ISO is too good to be true.

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
Old 03-05-2009   #24
Camel Breath

Thanks Mavin. We take an abundance of salon shots.

Sis, we are trying to pare back on the number of salon shots we take. I have told Sarah to be more selective. If we have a package where the bride gets the DVD of images, she loves having them. But no, these shots are rarely ordered for money.

Old 03-05-2009   #25
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 13109
Editing OK?: Ask first

The first shot of her standing in front of the window is AWESOME!! Good to see some wedding work. We love it when you shoot weddings too! At least share them

Photography can allow you to meet people and go places you never dreamed, if you let it.

Portfolio - http://www.opensky-studios.com

Personal Blog - http://alt-road.blogspot.com
cman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #26
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 14721

Well done Kelly. I love the chain smoking shots as they show how nervous she is. Really Good job all around.
littlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #27
Camel Breath

Thank you very much Charlie and Cindy. I wanted to create a story, like Cindy does, but I only get to process these at night and I can't get them all done to tell the story like she does.

I just want to keep getting better. Learn from everybody and synthesize it into my style.

Old 03-06-2009   #28
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 14721

You are getting better every day, Kelly. Just keep asking yourself, "If I were not there, would this photo make sense". Of course some only make sense to the couple, but it's a good starting point. You are doing wickedly well though. Keep it up!
littlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #29
Camel Breath

Your encouragement means a great deal. I do understand what you mean by having that frame of mind.

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2009   #30
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyL View Post
Thanks Mavin. We take an abundance of salon shots.

Sis, we are trying to pare back on the number of salon shots we take. I have told Sarah to be more selective. If we have a package where the bride gets the DVD of images, she loves having them. But no, these shots are rarely ordered for money.
This is one of the big points we have made in many posts in the past. Images must be worth something, or why take them? Put them all in the album and charge enough for the album to make it worth your while to go there for so many hours. Otherwise, sleep in.

Ditto to giving all the images on a disk for free or very low price per image. If it is worth having, it is worth paying for. Whether they pay up front or later doesn't matter as long as they pay.

The flip side is to really really watch what goes on and take really introspective and artsy images that capture the inner feelings. I don't know what the bride feels about that can of hair spray, but I bet a still life of her pack of cigs would make it into the album if artistically done.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: