1st attempt at formals.... - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009   #31
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 30264
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 1st attempt at formals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal View Post
You are so funny. Yes, it sucks when you have to rush. And on weddings, you ALWAYS have to rush the formals.
You get along well with clients, and you can see it in your series here. They trust you, and they find you fun. And you are. They know you won't make them look like dorks.
The only experience you need is doing things quick and dirty when I know you would rather take your time and be creative. You are a very creative guy. But unfortunately couples don't usually give you time to do your magic. Just keep doing what you are doing, because it's working. You know what you COULD have done, but given the time restrictions, can't. Believe me, the couple is still going to be happy as clams. You had a certain amount of time, and you used it well and creatively. We all go to sleep after a shoot wishing we had more time. But it's what you did with the little time you had that matters. And let's be frank....99.9 percent of the brides wouldn't know the differnce in what could have been, and what is, to save their lives, right? They are just thankful you got their personality down on film (or cards) and they couldn't be happier.
And you are definately to "our level" and have been for a long time. I love your photos. You see things so diffently than we do. And you do an awesome job. Any bride is lucky to have you. And you know, or at least I hope you do, that we are always here for you. Seeing you succeed is out greatest happiness. We saw it in you long before I think you saw it in yourself. You are a true natural talent, and we are rooting for you.
Thanks Cindy, I will be coming to you for advise for a long time! It'll be.. (5 years from now) oh crap whats he need now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal View Post
Oh, and have you applied for WPJA yet? I'm gonna be a mother hen about this. You need to do it. And if you already have, don't worry, it takes them a while. But it will really help.
I am almost finished with my web page. i sent the last bit of wording to my IT guy. I will apply as soon as my site is updated and finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyL View Post
That is what I am striving for as well. The COOL factor. Need ideas pumped into my head. Need to think out of the box. Need to be less conservative. Need to be free!
I'm with you on that Kelly. I want people to see my formals and get excited about them not, oh look uncle Edd's head is chopped off..... Just Kidding, but I'm not in a way. I would like my formals to hold interest, not just pages that get flipped past until some one dies and you pick up the album to reminisce about them.
Dratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009   #32
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181

JD...it comes. You are well on your way.

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009   #33
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 45802
Editing OK?: Ask First

Super job on these. Really fine work.
Old 03-15-2009   #34
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2656581

You did a super job with those photos! They will be very pleased! Cheers, Bill P.
gaopa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009   #35
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 30264

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdzBodkinz View Post
Super job on these. Really fine work.
Thanks Joshua!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaopa2 View Post
You did a super job with those photos! They will be very pleased! Cheers, Bill P.
Thanks Bill! Appreciate your comments.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: