1st attempt at formals.... - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009   #21
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 1st attempt at formals....

They are all quite nice. I like the 2 cheeky ones at the end best.

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009   #22
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 871721
Editing OK?: Ask first

Excellent shots... This is usually the part of the day that is done in a hurry, so the lack of time can sometimes be seen as a tension in these kinds of pictures. But these are just great, looks like they had fun!

www.johnnyperkka.com
Johnny Perkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009   #23
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 30264
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
They are all quite nice. I like the 2 cheeky ones at the end best.
Thanks Athena!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Heinonen View Post
Excellent shots... This is usually the part of the day that is done in a hurry, so the lack of time can sometimes be seen as a tension in these kinds of pictures. But these are just great, looks like they had fun!
You nailed that. Everything is hurried at this time of the day, but that is what makes it fun Thanks Johnny!
Dratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #24
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 14721

Nicely done!!!!! I hate the idea that you are growing past us! :-(
littlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009   #25
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal View Post
Nicely done!!!!! I hate the idea that you are growing past us! :-(
Thats nice of you to say Cindy, but I'm not growing past you. Just learning from you!
Old 03-07-2009   #26
F1 Camel

It wasn't just a frivolous niceity, but the truth. You had a natural talent to begin with, and you are just getting better by the day. Mike and I have known from the beginning that you are destined for great things. We are just glad that we get to "borrow" you for a bit. But we have always known, and expected, that you were going to soar on your own. And we are thrilled to see you doing just that.
Old 03-07-2009   #27
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegal View Post
It wasn't just a frivolous niceity, but the truth. You had a natural talent to begin with, and you are just getting better by the day. Mike and I have known from the beginning that you are destined for great things. We are just glad that we get to "borrow" you for a bit. But we have always known, and expected, that you were going to soar on your own. And we are thrilled to see you doing just that.
I didn't dismiss what you said as frivolous, I know you have faith in me. I just meant that I still have much to learn. Some things I will have to learn on my own because there is no other way, but I am still learning a lot from both of you! Just watching you and Mike work together on formals was a HUGE help with these! Not to your level, but I'm trying. I need to find some "cool" in formals, standard and funny I beginning to understand. How to find cool when rushed and under pressure... oh.. experience!!! Guess thats going to take a while
Old 03-07-2009   #28
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratom View Post
I didn't dismiss what you said as frivolous, I know you have faith in me. I just meant that I still have much to learn. Some things I will have to learn on my own because there is no other way, but I am still learning a lot from both of you! Just watching you and Mike work together on formals was a HUGE help with these! Not to your level, but I'm trying. I need to find some "cool" in formals, standard and funny I beginning to understand. How to find cool when rushed and under pressure... oh.. experience!!! Guess thats going to take a while
You are so funny. Yes, it sucks when you have to rush. And on weddings, you ALWAYS have to rush the formals.
You get along well with clients, and you can see it in your series here. They trust you, and they find you fun. And you are. They know you won't make them look like dorks.
The only experience you need is doing things quick and dirty when I know you would rather take your time and be creative. You are a very creative guy. But unfortunately couples don't usually give you time to do your magic. Just keep doing what you are doing, because it's working. You know what you COULD have done, but given the time restrictions, can't. Believe me, the couple is still going to be happy as clams. You had a certain amount of time, and you used it well and creatively. We all go to sleep after a shoot wishing we had more time. But it's what you did with the little time you had that matters. And let's be frank....99.9 percent of the brides wouldn't know the differnce in what could have been, and what is, to save their lives, right? They are just thankful you got their personality down on film (or cards) and they couldn't be happier.
And you are definately to "our level" and have been for a long time. I love your photos. You see things so diffently than we do. And you do an awesome job. Any bride is lucky to have you. And you know, or at least I hope you do, that we are always here for you. Seeing you succeed is out greatest happiness. We saw it in you long before I think you saw it in yourself. You are a true natural talent, and we are rooting for you.
Old 03-07-2009   #29
F1 Camel

Oh, and have you applied for WPJA yet? I'm gonna be a mother hen about this. You need to do it. And if you already have, don't worry, it takes them a while. But it will really help.
Old 03-07-2009   #30
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dratom View Post

That is what I am striving for as well. The COOL factor. Need ideas pumped into my head. Need to think out of the box. Need to be less conservative. Need to be free!

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: