1st attempt at formals.... - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1576
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 1st attempt at formals....

Breath-taking. My favorite is the first (love the little girl looking up at the big girls)

ThePhotoBinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #12
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 30264
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhotoBinder View Post
Breath-taking. My favorite is the first (love the little girl looking up at the big girls)
Thanks! That little girl does make that shot.
Dratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #13
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181

Very nice. I love the use of the doors and the bridal in front of it. I need to relax a little more when I do these kinds of shots and try be more creative. I feel so overwhelmed in the heat of the battle. Just so many things to tend to.

I think you did a nice job. I am at work, and they look just a little blown on this monitor, so I am hoping that when I see them at home they will look a little better.

Everybody looks very happy!

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #14
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyL View Post
Very nice. I love the use of the doors and the bridal in front of it. I need to relax a little more when I do these kinds of shots and try be more creative. I feel so overwhelmed in the heat of the battle. Just so many things to tend to.

I think you did a nice job. I am at work, and they look just a little blown on this monitor, so I am hoping that when I see them at home they will look a little better.

Thanks Kelly! I felt relaxed, but rushed! That can definitely put a dampener on the creativity I had lots of ideas but the time........

I know on the histogram i am not clipping so they shouldn't be blown out. But this darn high dollar 30" Mac monitor has a big weakness in that area. Even when things are not close to being blown this dang thing show that they are. Colors are spot on. But even after calibration and re calibration I have to depend on histogram for how far I can push an image. If any one else sees that these are blown speak up please.
Old 03-04-2009   #15
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 2711051

Classy wedding and the colors they chose rock. I'm liking these. In the 4th I'm thinking the guy directly behind the groom detracts a bit but it doesn't look like you had anywhere to put him. Maybe if he had moved camera right. Nice job!!
Old 03-04-2009   #16
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Classy wedding and the colors they chose rock. I'm liking these. In the 4th I'm thinking the guy directly behind the groom detracts a bit but it doesn't look like you had anywhere to put him. Maybe if he had moved camera right. Nice job!!
Thanks Padre! You are right about the placement, he either couldn't understand me or couldn't hear me. Due to time I just let it go. Learning for next time.
Old 03-04-2009   #17
Bactrian

Quote:
I am at work, and they look just a little blown on this monitor, so I am hoping that when I see them at home they will look a little better.

Ok, I opened up these files and they are blown on the histogram too. The full sized images are just shy of it. You got it right on these. Usually my images are darker with upload, maybe it was the compression.. not sure.

This is the brightest one with a full sized crop...
Old 03-04-2009   #18
Camel Breath

Location: Mental State: Just west of chaos and south of disaster.
CamelKarma: 45181

They look much better on my LCD panel here at home. I think I would bring the midtones down just a smidgin.

I think they all look fun!

www.kellylylephotography.com
www.centralillinoisweddings.com

"Opportunity knocks in vain if you don't reach out and open the door." K.C. Lyle
KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #19
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1627

What was your light source ....great shots!
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009   #20
Bactrian

Quote:
They look much better on my LCD panel here at home. I think I would bring the midtones down just a smidgin.

I think they all look fun!
Thanks Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie View Post
What was your light source ....great shots!
Thanks Dookie! I use the quantum Q Flash X5dR in a soft octa-box. After formals I put it on my camera for the reception. With out the octa-box of course.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: