Interesting wedding photography request
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2017   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 438961
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Interesting wedding photography request

I use an online service that sends me dozens of photo requests a day. Some are great, but most are not. Here's one that came today...

I can pay for a lead, or ignore it. I passed on this one...

Blad Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Default Re: Interesting wedding photography request

Well to shoot a whole wedding, process the images and get $800, you're working for something like $1 an image. Um, I'd rather sleep in and save myself the frustration.

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 438961

I agree with you nu2scene. Wanting a "green" photographer, and specifying gender is a bit unusual though. If they like a person's work, it doesn't matter what their gender is.
Blad Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2scene View Post
Well to shoot a whole wedding, process the images and get $800, you're working for something like $1 an image. Um, I'd rather sleep in and save myself the frustration.
That's not always true, though. I don't like weddings and don't do them now, but I did explore them and have 11 or 12 under my belt. Most were very small and quite undemanding, wanting the small ceremony, family group shots, and the important reception shots, and that's the height of their expectations. I delivered about 200 photos for these jobs. So depending on the expectations of the client, it could be a great learning experience for a newbie.

You guys are way above this though. I would have passed too if I had your experience.

Critique and comments always welcome.
Rain Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: