Wedding portrait at sunset by the lake
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 871721
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Wedding portrait at sunset by the lake

- A W Carey -

www.johnnyperkka.com
Johnny Perkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Wedding portrait at sunset by the lake

I like it!

I appreciate how the lighting on the couple isn't stark white in comparison to the warm sunset. I think that was done nicely. A big mismatch in lighting in situations like this bugs me, so I really do like what you've done here.

I'd consider adding some sort of vignette to try to balance out the dark trees on the right. It might help, or it just might make things worse, I'd play with it to see how it comes out.

Her dress, was it white or did it have a touch of color to it in real life. If it had a color I'd leave it as is. If it was white, I'd try desaturating it to see if it still looks ok being more white.

But overall I like this image a lot. Nicely done!

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 965208
Editing OK?: No

I would have moved them about five feet to camera right and then you step five feet to camera right to maintain the same background which would have allowed the (off camera flash unit) main light to be positioned to their right (camera left) which would have then more closely matched the natural light, and that black shadow on the groom's face and under his arm would not have been there. The main light should have been higher also and softened. You possibly would have also needed a reflector to camera right to keep her white dress white, a meter reading on the front of her dress would tell you instantly.

The rule on hands is less is better than more. There are four showing in this image. Had the bouquet been in her right hand with his hand underneath it "helping her hold it" and her left hand on her hip and his left hand on the small of her back there would be only two hands partially showing.

Benji
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018   #4
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2900
Editing OK?: Yes

Beautiful photo! Happy that the pier held up for the great photo!
Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

Great shot. But i think the flash was to powerfull.

Albume digitale | Foto video nunta Brasov | Foto nunta Brasov
compasiune11 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: