How do you pick a wedding photographer? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2016   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 32599
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: How do you pick a wedding photographer?

I'm a total amateur and I think wedding photography would be very stressful if you don't know what your customer wants - it's the brides day. I think professional makeup is a must before the photographer even begins their job.
mshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017   #12
Lubbock, Tx.

CamelKarma: 307172
Editing OK?: Ask First

This thread has long since died, an I'm not trying to revive it. I just happened to find the image I was talking about earlier.
Images taken 5 minutes apart, just a few feet apart.

Rather than wait for the hired gun to get me a shot or two for the video case, I took my own.

I know it's all the rage to shoot "lifestyle", "natural light" or "documentary" style, but I just never wanted to be that guy. I wanted to KNOW what I'd create before I ever tripped the shutter.
Maybe I've just spent so much time around really good photography all these years on the road, and it's make me more critical.
But what I see in this photographer's work is racoon eyes, non-existent posing which makes both kids look larger than they are naturally, no detail in the sky or in that very expensive gown.
Photographer didn't even take time to place the subjects on GRASS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sample.jpg (221.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 09-03-2017   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11331
Editing OK?: Yes

Great discussion!!

Ron65 is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: