Red Blue swap
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2016   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1036487
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Red Blue swap

This is a quick tutorial I put together to use Vivesa2 as your medium to do a red / blue swap and also some other post processing in IR
Vines2 is part of the Nic software, which is now a free download from Google.
I find it very nice as all I need is lightroom, and use Vivesa as a plugin. Should you not have lightroom then use Vivesa as a standalone and use Gimp (also free) for other post processing, to me it makes life simpler and I like a simple life
Hope you enjoy this and get some tips from it

I just have fun
I have a camera, couple of lenses and some other stuff
klaesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Red Blue swap

I can also do the red/blue swap easily enough in Corel Paint Shop Pro with the Channel Mixer. The first time you need to do the swap, call up the Channel Mixer with Adjust -> Color -> Channel Mixer and uncheck the Monochrome box. For the Red channel, Set Red 0% and Blue 100%. For the Blue Channel, set Red 100% and Blue 0%. I haven't figured out how to save these presets yet, but it is possible to record and invoke a macro when necessary.

In IrfanView, it's a lot easier: Go to Image -> Swap Colors -> "RGB -> "BGR". Done.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials »

Share this topic: