Help
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2016   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 326807
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Help

Hello my fellow photographers,

I have recently found out when the milky way goes over my house every night. Yet I sent my camera up do the photos and I always seem to miss or I cant get my exposure right or something else. Im shooting with a Canon T3i and with the kit lens 18-55 mm. Can any one give me some tips. I normally do 15 seconds exposures and ISO is bumped high to reduced noise.

Old 01-15-2016   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 103596
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Help

What are your shooting conditions? If you're in an urban area, things like street lights, business signs, that is any light polution at all, your exposures will be affected. The longer your exposure time is, the more unwanted light will affect your shots.
The best approach would be to preplan, get out of town in an absolute dark area.
Charlie_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes

How to Photograph the Milky Way the Easy Way
How to Photograph the Milky Way – Lonely Speck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z61vzZF0ao0
https://photographylife.com/how-to-p...-the-milky-way
How To Shoot Truly Contagious Milky Way Pictures | PhotoPills
Photographing The Milky Way | OutdoorPhotographer.com
How to Take Photos of the Milky Way | Night Sky in Focus
How to Photograph the Milky Way in 12 Steps (With 6 Epic Examples) | Light Stalking

Just a few of the 106,000 results a google search found.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes

Dual post. Sorry.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Tutorials »

Share this topic:

Tags
howto, milkyway, t3i