My thought
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2005   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1443426
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default My thought

How about a pet board, no one has just a pet board, I think it would get a lot of attention. As the site gets bigger, people do not want pet pics in the nature boards or people boards etc. Lets give them a real spot to be shared with others

Old 08-18-2005   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: My thought

I don't agree we need a seperate pet area. While there are a few threads that have started that have grown pretty big from people posting their pets, they don't happen all that often. At least not enough to warrent having their own area. I think it would end up like a few of the areas on here now, very little postings and even fewer viewers.

If everyone used the "Show unread posts since last visit" selection at the top of the page when they come on, rather than just going to the areas they like to read, it wouldn't be a problem of an area going unnoticed. But visiters have a tendency to just go to those areas they like reading.

That's my opinion on it anyway.

Mike
Old 08-18-2005   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 61279
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jordan

I don't agree we need a seperate pet area.* While there are a few threads that have started that have grown pretty big from people posting their pets, they don't happen all that often. At least not enough to warrent having their own area.* I think it would end up like a few of the areas on here now, very little postings and even fewer viewers.

If everyone used the "Show unread posts since last visit" selection at the top of the page when they come on, rather than just going to the areas they like to read, it wouldn't be a problem of an area going unnoticed. But visiters have a tendency to just go to those areas they like reading.

That's my opinion on it anyway.

Mike
I think I agree. But if you want the pet threads moved somewhere so that they'd be more visible, where?

Also, I'm open to any suggestions about removing boards or areas. I'm going to take down the Wallpaper board now. It never floated.

Anyway, this forum will evolve the way we want it to. Keep the suggestions coming.
Cool Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1443426
Editing OK?: No

Maybe try to place it where the wallpaper board is now, just switch it. If it flops then remove it. As far as Mikes comments, I agree there are not many post, but I feel this is more due to other forums almost being offended that pet pictures our posted and people feel they should not post them at all. I assume there would not be many how to improve comments but folks just sharing there pets, and lets not restrict it to just dogs and cats.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: