Topics you have posted in
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2006   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 26
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Topics you have posted in

It seems there might be a wee bug with the board software (or so it appears to me)...

One of my posts ("The Hoop" in the Glamour / Erotic section) has 17 replies and the icon has now changed to the "hot topic" one. It no longer shows the red folder to indicate to me that I'd posted in that thread.

Is this by design, or by glitch?

Eldor

Constructive critiques and suggestions are most welcome!* But please do NOT download and edit my photos without first asking for and receiving permission.* Thanks!<br /><br />Click here for &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.gemst.com/photos&quot;&gt;Eldor's Photos&lt;/a&gt;
Eldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1362
Default Re: Topics you have posted in

yep but the icon is a red folder rather that a white it is not to obvious but if you look closely then it is there

had the same problem but once to see the icons you get there if that makes sense

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #3
Vicuna

Default Guess a picture's worth 1,000 words...

Title says it all:

Constructive critiques and suggestions are most welcome!* But please do NOT download and edit my photos without first asking for and receiving permission.* Thanks!<br /><br />Click here for &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.gemst.com/photos&quot;&gt;Eldor's Photos&lt;/a&gt;
Old 04-20-2006   #4
F1 Camel

dumb question have replied to your thread

just a thought

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Old 04-20-2006   #5
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
dumb question have replied to your thread

just a thought
Huh?

(My question is a dumb question?)

Take a look at the screen capture I posted: The first circled icon is for a thread I posted which is popular. It does NOT show any red in it.

The second is also a popular topic in which I responded. As far as I can tell, this one and the first should have the SAME icon. They do NOT. This one DOES have red in it.

The third circled one is a less popular thread I started, and it shows the red folder.

It looks (STILL!) like there is a bug in the code that determines the icon displayed, and it screws up depending on whether or not you were the thread starter. I rest my case.

Old 04-20-2006   #6
F1 Camel

any question asked is not dumb

i am still finding my way way around here -

Old 04-20-2006   #7
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
any question asked is not dumb
But I guess some responses are, shall we say less smart than others.

Old 04-20-2006   #8
F1 Camel

no comment

have a closer look at the icons and you will see there is a change not very dramitics but it is there

Old 04-20-2006   #9
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

I think the problem is that only one icon can be shown at any time. If you have an icon that shows topics you have posted in, and the topic then becomes a 'hot topic' then the software defaults to showing the 'hot topic' icon. It could be described as a bug I suppose, but it has to show one or the other. I guess it assumes a 'hot topic' trumps the 'topic I've posted in' icon.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006   #10
lauriet

CamelKarma:

I'd like to see us get different icons altogether for "hot," etc. Something a bit animated would be nice.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: