"Inappropriate behaviour towards other members"
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default "Inappropriate behaviour towards other members"

I'm cool with that, because I suspect I might've misjudged the lines. I take full responsibility.

However, what's ironic is that the same mod who ticketed me (Mr.P) often say inappropriate things, borderline offensive. Suger-coated with civility, but still semi-offensive at heart.

I'm not sure this system is a good one, as, imo, it promotes negativity.

Peace

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6150
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: "Inappropriate behaviour towards other members"

Sorry to hear about your troubles, aam1234. Being an admin on another board, I can tell you that board mods and admins are rarely perfect, after all they are human beings just as ourselves. Everyone is different, and some take their jobs differently. Ideally as an Admin or Mod, they should be more aware of what they are 1. posting 2. how they are treating the members.

I agree with you that if the board mods are promoting negative behavior then it is not very healthy for the board. If I were in your situation, I would PM an another admin and talk this out, so that you don't keep negative feelings towards another member or a mod or admin on a board. Good luck and best wishes.

I think we are all here for the same reasons, we all want to share and learn in Photography. I don't think we should ever feel uncomfortable when we are sharing personal things, some of our work is very personal and dear to each one of us.

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #3
Camel Breath

Thank you very much, 00silvergt. Very nice of you.

To be honest, I actually enjoy Mr.P's quirkiness, because it's very honest and senser (bad spelling). For the record, I'm a big fan of Mr.P. However, what he did to me, imo, is a bit much, given what he says sometimes.

Thanks again 00silvergt. I feel better after "venting"

Cheers
Old 02-12-2009   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6150

Anytime. I'm glad to be of some assistance.

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #5
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post

Thanks again 00silvergt. I feel better after "venting"

Cheers
This is the 'ventilator' section of the camel, so vent away .
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009   #6
Camel Breath

True. But I still feel slighted. Was a bit harsh for a comment meant in jest.

Oh well.
Old 02-12-2009   #7
Camel Breath

Not to belabor it, but I think the "red card" I got is related to this request of mine.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: