PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions / Questions (https://photocamel.com/forum/suggestions-questions/)
-   -   Flooding of Karma at the people/portrait board (https://photocamel.com/forum/suggestions-questions/58613-flooding-karma-people-portrait-board.html)

felix.reichardt 08-24-2008 09:04 PM

Flooding of Karma at the people/portrait board

Do we (on this board) give out too much karma? When I browse through mine and others karma I just have a feeling that maybe too much karma is given to fast or easy. I am not excluding myself from that :-) Should a karma not be something more special? In comparison to other boards we people here have extraordinary amounts of karma ... Just browse through your karma received if you are from this board and see if you do not feel the same.

Just a morning thought ... :)

Mr. Pickles 08-24-2008 09:14 PM

Re: Flooding of Karma at this board

The points are magnified here compared to other sites, but for some people, they probably hand it out quickly and others probably receive it quickly.

For some, karma isn't a show of greatness, it could be for being a good friend.

Rain Lily 08-24-2008 09:41 PM

I like giving karma. Sometimes it's for a great photo, sometimes for a nice effort or comment, sometimes for having the courage to post, sometimes because somebody told a funny joke...

Please don't make me stop giving karma! I LIVE to give!

;D

felix.reichardt 08-24-2008 09:48 PM

I do not think karma is a show of greatness but the amount of karma is just skyrocketing ... especially at this board - so to me the "value" is lesser. I would vote for a setting that one must spread out much more karma before giving it to the same person again (not sure what the current settings are).

As I said just a thought ...

felix.reichardt 08-24-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Lily (Post 522768)
I like giving karma. Sometimes it's for a great photo, sometimes for a nice effort or comment, sometimes for having the courage to post, sometimes because somebody told a funny joke...

Please don't make me stop giving karma! I LIVE to give!

;D

You have so much karma you should give it to the poor .... hehehe. (you know I am just teasing you)

But seriously would you not appreciate a given karma much more if it is not not handed out at each and every occasion ... ?

patterfr 08-24-2008 09:57 PM

I wish someone would take my karma away, but I like giving it.
In reality, what does it really matter?
I'm still waiting to redeem my karma for a free coffee mug!

felix.reichardt 08-24-2008 10:07 PM

If it doesn't matter why not scrapping it at all ?

Free coffee mug only for 1.000.000 karma ... :-)

Rain Lily 08-24-2008 10:12 PM

Felix - I smile at every karma someone gives me. It delights me. And it delights me even more to give some.

I see what you mean - sort of like too much familiarity takes away the excitement, or something like that.

Honestly - even though I just said I smile at the sweet comments, and I like to give it, I only even notice how much karma I have when someone brings it up to me, like in this thread. I pay very little attention to my own numbers - I just like the nice comments most of all.

Rain Lily 08-24-2008 10:13 PM

But - I would trade it all for a coffee mug! I LOVE coffee...

patterfr 08-24-2008 10:14 PM

Felix: Fine with me, I'm giving you a karma for the idea.;-)