PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions / Questions (https://photocamel.com/forum/suggestions-questions/)
-   -   Flooding of Karma at the people/portrait board (https://photocamel.com/forum/suggestions-questions/58613-flooding-karma-people-portrait-board.html)

Johnny Perkka 08-27-2008 10:45 AM

Re: Flooding of Karma at this board

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrancho (Post 524739)
Yes, but karma for a something so subjective is pretty stupid. Especially a negative karma. Look at some other members karma listed at the bottom of their profile, and you might find one or two negatives. I have a few. The people that gave them to me were really pissed at me, LOL.

but basicly that means you can not rate a picture with karma... And if you rate the thread people have no idea what you were rating...

Well, how could anyone be pissed at you, you are such an adorable cutesy real man type of guy?!? oh, wait, now we got Lee all excited... ;)

felix.reichardt 08-27-2008 10:49 AM

I have rather a negative karma than an anonymous low thread rating (wink wink).
At least you know ... :-) That's why I won't give out neg thread ratings but 5-stars for images I really like. Anonymous low thread rating is useless IMHO and does not help anybody. Just my opinion.

Mr. Pickles 08-27-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Heinonen (Post 524749)
but basicly that means you can not rate a picture with karma... And if you rate the thread people have no idea what you were rating...

If YOU can't give negative karma, or rate a thread, then don't use EITHER of those "tools". It is simple.

If we existed to make everyone happy, we would close. It is impossible. Some are okay with what we have, some leave the site, some of those come back because it isn't apparently better elsewhere.

Lee4145 08-27-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles (Post 525175)
If we existed to make everyone happy, we would close. It is impossible. Some are okay with what we have, some leave the site, some of those come back because it isn't apparently better elsewhere.

If I hadn't already done so, this would have been a karma-worthy post.

For example. ;)

Killjoy 08-27-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austen (Post 522872)
One member certainly appreciates it.....He has a "Give me "K" " Sig...

Take care,

Austen.

That's true, but I haven't seen much of 00silvergt lately. Did he fall off the board?
His signature said something about being starved for Karma.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfrancho (Post 524739)
Yes, but karma for a something so subjective is pretty stupid. Especially a negative karma. Look at some other members karma listed at the bottom of their profile, and you might find one or two negatives. I have a few. The people that gave them to me were really pissed at me, LOL.

I looked up the negative Karma that you were given, just out of curiosity.
What's even MORE curious, is that the same person that gave you the negative Karma, gave you positive Karma in that very same thread. :o

jfrancho 08-27-2008 11:09 PM

Re: Flooding of Karma at the people/portrait board

Its better to eat crow than karma, much more nutritious protein.

Johnny Perkka 08-28-2008 01:26 PM

Re: Flooding of Karma at the people/portrait board

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles (Post 525175)
Some are okay with what we have, some leave the site, some of those come back because it isn't apparently better elsewhere.

there are also those who see that it is better elsewhere but their online buddies are here, and so they have to come back for them. And since they saw that there is room for improvement, why not ask for those things here...?

Unless you don't want to improve?

Well, whatever, the choice is yours, the ball is in the camels corner now, there is nothing I can add to this thread anymore...