Flooding of Karma at the people/portrait board - Page 5
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008   #41
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 228901
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Flooding of Karma at this board

That's not the point Brian and Austen. I started the whole thread to actually question whether we need a "pat on the back" for postings/comments/etc each and every day among ourselves or maybe add more "value" to the karma by giving it more "carefully".
(and don't take the words "value" and "carefully" to serious please).

But as it has been said - the perception and of the karma "value" is different so it is probably not that important at all and really more of a fun thing.

Suggestion:

Sometimes I would like to get/give more of a in-depth image analysis in order to improve so maybe an introduction of some picture rating system would be nice? Maybe with a list of multiple choice (ranging from exposure to composition) as well as free comment boxes. And limit each person to enter only one image per month or so?
Old 08-25-2008   #42
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4373975
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix.reichardt View Post

Suggestion:

Sometimes I would like to get/give more of a in-depth image analysis in order to improve so maybe an introduction of some picture rating system would be nice? Maybe with a list of multiple choice (ranging from exposure to composition) as well as free comment boxes. And limit each person to enter only one image per month or so?
Second the motion, in another forum so that to post there means you'll accept any and all critique.

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #43
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by patterfr View Post
Second the motion, in another forum so that to post there means you'll accept any and all critique.
We've had this conversation before.

Any photo posted is up for critique. Period. Don't like it? Don't post.
Old 08-25-2008   #44
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patterfr View Post
I accept any and all critique for all my images posted as Brian says. But an option to get a more in-depth critique would be nice. So you really have to answer some questions (like composition, lighting, etc) rather than getting comments like "nice image.
Old 08-26-2008   #45
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 871721

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix.reichardt View Post
I accept any and all critique for all my images posted as Brian says. But an option to get a more in-depth critique would be nice. So you really have to answer some questions (like composition, lighting, etc) rather than getting comments like "nice image.
Exactly, that "Nice shot!" and "wow!" commenting is so irrelevant if it does not have any explanation with it to go.

A star system on the picture basis should not be that hard to implement (and don't tell me the camel gallery has allready got one, I know, but who has time to wade through the gallery).

1-5 stars under the picture, how hard is that? And it would be anonymous so you would not have to be worried about losing you camel inner circle buddies (or feel obligated to give five stars to your friends even if you hated the picture).

How about it?

And brian, I remember you wanting more comments in the glamour section a year ago, so why are you opposing this? (I know, just for kicks, 'cause you like to be in the opposition).

www.johnnyperkka.com
Johnny Perkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #46
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 6930
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
It's not like anyone is forced to participate or pay attention to it.

If you like it, have fun with it. If you don't, ignore it. It's not going to hurt if you don't play.
Well said !! Have some "K"

Austen.

A Canon 40D and a wife who loves me.

Have you visited my SmugMug page yet ?

More gear then talent....But now that I have some L Glass ...... I NEED more practice and experience !!!

(Have you tried pressing the Preview Post button when posting ?)
Capitalisation is important.
I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse.
I helped my Uncle jack off a horse.
Austen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #47
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Heinonen View Post
And brian, I remember you wanting more comments in the glamour section a year ago, so why are you opposing this? (I know, just for kicks, 'cause you like to be in the opposition).
No, I'm just usually right when most others are wrong. People are getting used to it, though.

I never said anything against more advanced critique. It's part of the reason I don't post many images anymore. No critiques unless I complained about it. It wasn't worth the effort any longer.

What I AM against is a devoted forum specificially FOR critiques. That's the subject that's been discussed a number of times. Yet another place to lose a thread or crosspost. The organization works well enough as it is.
Old 08-26-2008   #48
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445
Editing OK?: Ask First

Johnny - go to the top of this page and click where it says "Rate Thread". You will have the option there to choose how many stars you want to give this thread. You could use this same function on threads that have images.

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #49
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austen View Post
Well said !! Have some "K"

Austen.
Man you understand the karma game ... you gained a lot through this thread ...
Old 08-26-2008   #50
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

Like Athena said twice in here, use the Thread Rating system that ALREADY exists.

It is a drop-down at the top of EVERY thread. I have advocated numerous times to have the words changed for each of the stars, but it falls on some deaf ears....probably because it is used 1% of the time. If you all use it, we will change it to make it better.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: