No Email Notifications - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 2602482
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: No Email Notifications

Anything Yet??
Still i don't get any Notification
Epphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753
Editing OK?: Yes

You're not alone, Emmanuel. I'm finally getting some notification today but still quite sporadic. I even get notification today for responses from yesterday! And I have gone in to double check my Camel preferences and resaved.
Old 05-30-2008   #13
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

When you go to the Control Panel, and click on "Edit Options", in the "messaging & Notifications" section, Is the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" set to "No Email Notification, or what?

Now on the left side of where you are at checking the above, hit "List Subscriptions" on the left side. For all the ones listed, in the 2nd column from the right side does it say None on all of them? If you want to change any of them, select the checkbox on the right beside them, and from the drop-down on the bottom select the appropriate one you want.

If these options are set to receive email, and people are replying, and you are not getting emails, and you know your email address in your control panel is correct, then you got problems....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #14
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
When you go to the Control Panel, and click on "Edit Options", in the "messaging & Notifications" section, Is the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" set to "No Email Notification, or what?
It's set to "Instant email notification"
Quote:

Now on the left side of where you are at checking the above, hit "List Subscriptions" on the left side. For all the ones listed, in the 2nd column from the right side does it say None on all of them? If you want to change any of them, select the checkbox on the right beside them, and from the drop-down on the bottom select the appropriate one you want.
No, all of them says "Instant"
Quote:
If these options are set to receive email, and people are replying, and you are not getting emails, and you know your email address in your control panel is correct, then you got problems....
And I do, albeit sporadically. For example, I received the notification for your response to this thread, but none for quite a few threads where I've confirmed that others have recently responded.
Old 05-30-2008   #15
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post

I Guss i have a problem
Old 05-30-2008   #16
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 28600

Mr. Pickles
I am having the same problems as the others. My email notification is set to instant and the subscribed thread folder show instant, but I have not received any notification for several days. Please help in getting this fixed. Thank you very much.
Colby
Old 05-31-2008   #17
F1 Camel

I Guss we have a problem coldy and Tom
Old 05-31-2008   #18
Administrator

We have talked about it behind the scenes, we know some get none, some get some, and based on your comments, your settings should be right for what you want.

We know some people's notifications are being "bounced" or "stopped" by their ISP (Internet Service Providers). They probably think they are "spam". Some ISP will tell you they stopped them. Some will not. Some want us (PhotoCamel) to tell them that they are safe, which seems odd to let a possible spammer tell them that the spam is okay, but that is the ISP decision.

For those that get some, and not some, it probably isn't an ISP blocking deal.

So, our software geniuses know about it, and are looking into it. Hopefully it is something we can work through, around, patch, etc. It is runs deeper into the core of the software, then it will take longer to fix.

We apologize for all the trouble, and hope you understand that we are doing the best we can, and that we didn't write the software we use. We just make it better....sometimes.

Old 05-31-2008   #19
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 28600

Mr. Pickles,
I have never had a problem with comcast rejecting photocamel instant notifications. I look forward to a fix. Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
Colby
Old 05-31-2008   #20
Administrator

I'm not saying that Comcast is the problem, but there are reports of Comcast (and others, so this isn't a bash just against Comcast) NOT delivering emails. Here is one example...

We received a report today that Comcast seems to be discarding any email that contained a URL shortened with our easyURL shortening service:

"Just a note to let you know that the major cable provider/ISP Comcast is currently blocking all emails which include any "easyurl.net" link in them. No matter what I do if the URL contains an easyURL link Comcast doesn't deliver the message and (even worse) does not bounce the message back to me. Comcast simply discards the message. I've tested this with multiple emails with various forms of text in the body. Regardless of other content if there is an EasyURL link in it the email does not get delivered."

We have subsequently confirmed that any email containing the string "easyurl.net" does not arrive at comcast email destinations, and the sender does not receive a bounce message or any other notification on non-delivery.

One thing that you could try, and it shouldn't be considered a good solution to this problem, is to change your email address int eh control panel to something that doesn't really exist. Hit SAVE (make sure it saves). Then change it back to your real email address, and save it. Verify that nothing changed your email notifications, and check it. This doesn't mean we aren't still looking into this issue...

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: