Not recieving email notification
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 151938
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Not recieving email notification

I have always had Email notification but now it is gone. I checked my profile and it is still checked. Has something changed?

http://pbase.com/harrydavid
Amateur having fun! Feel free to edit any of my images.
harryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Not recieving email notification

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryd View Post
I have always had Email notification but now it is gone. I checked my profile and it is still checked. Has something changed?
Ditto! I was wondering the same thing!

Thanks for mentioning it...I thought it was just me.

Lori
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6150

For me this is actually cool, Last week I got over 200 email notifications! LOL

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 113410
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00silvergt View Post
true, but it does seem odd. I actually unsubbed from several threads because it was getting nuts. I thought I had done something wrong! lol
Ellbee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753

I noticed that since yesterday also.
Old 05-02-2008   #6
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
You can change your default notifications in the User Control Panel. Click on Quick Links at the top right, go to Edit Options on the left of your Control Panel, and select "Do Not Subscribe" from the Default Thread Subscription Mode.

As soon as Paul or JD gets the SMTP engine started up again, you're gonna get slaughtered with e-mail.
Old 05-02-2008   #7
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
You can change your default notifications in the User Control Panel. Click on Quick Links at the top right, go to Edit Options on the left of your Control Panel, and select "Do Not Subscribe" from the Default Thread Subscription Mode.

As soon as Paul or JD gets the SMTP engine started up again, you're gonna get slaughtered with e-mail.
Yeah, thanks...I've already started that, but it does not seem to work retroactively. In other words older subscribed threads won't change their dispositions. So I've been massively unsubscribing. With a Blackberry glued to my hip gives new meaning to slaughtered with e-mail!

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

Old 05-02-2008   #8
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Yeah, thanks...I've already started that, but it does not seem to work retroactively. In other words older subscribed threads won't change their dispositions. So I've been massively unsubscribing. With a Blackberry glued to my hip gives new meaning to slaughtered with e-mail!
Yeah, it's not retroactive, as you've found. Crackberries suck. I won't take one from our company. I use a Windows Mobile phone but I can control sync times at my discretion.
Old 05-02-2008   #9
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
Yeah, it's not retroactive, as you've found. Crackberries suck. I won't take one from our company. I use a Windows Mobile phone but I can control sync times at my discretion.
The fun part is when you get a notification for a response to a subscribed thread for someone just saying: "Wow, that's nice."

The funny thing is that people here would actually pay extra for the Curve. $300 more, to be exact. I'll tell them, sure it is up to you, it is a nice device, but do you really want to pay for your own leash?

Old 05-02-2008   #10
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 151938

Thanks for the help! Sorry I had not responded to this sooner but I didn't get an email

http://pbase.com/harrydavid
Amateur having fun! Feel free to edit any of my images.
harryd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: