" Another Category " ?? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007   #11
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 104962
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: " Another Category " ??

Seem a good idea as long as people don't get the hump.. No it could be a useful addition to the Camel. Ian

http://iankyddmiller.com/new

The Camera is a tool that enables us to see the light but it will always be blind without our minds and imagination.
People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit.
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #12
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 886
Editing OK?: No

Again on the Word Critique.. ( Rense ) said, ----> "" Serious note: I don't think it is a good idea: critique should never be so severe that it takes a special board to handle it.""

Not at all suggesting that critique be severe, it can be no different then what is going on now.. but SERIOUS CRITIQUE ONLY , opens a door to let posters and viewers expect HONEST replies, with the understanding not all would be good.. but not saying its an automatic , Trash someones work cause its here either.. Hopefully comments might not even find flaws.. but if flaws are found , both viewer and poster knew this was the option when posting.. In other words a shot is up that is fuzzy.. In some cases the viewer may just overlook this , not wanting to hurt someones feelings and go on to comment about some thing else, like --> Hey, I was there last Spring , beautiful place..."" but it being serious critique, the viewer would say , " My opinion finds this shot to be somewhat out of focus" BINGO! viewer gives honest opinion, Poster knew it was up for critique, and excepts.. LEARNS..

THE KEY would be , NO HARSH CRITIQUE !! Must be done in a civil , Respectful manor, again like above example on Blur, "" Are you blind , or did you drop your camera, focus Sux!"" <--------- Not Respectful.

I don't know, again I can see it might be a bit much for a Mod to keep up with?? not sure...??

But a forum like this would also prevent people from just throwing up shots to the wind, in other words ,"" Heres a cow , I shot out the passenger window on the interstate, while moving at 65 mph.. " The poster would know , to post what he or she thinks and hopes is good work .. knowing going into the arena of critique. and each time they entered this forum , they would improve... and again , if the shot is good, You say its Good, serious critique , is not a Free Pass to trash someone's shot.. A critique thread as this, might not be the busiest thread on the forum, but in time , would be the most successful learning tool in the forum..

but again all above, this is just an idea... something to hash around awhile, and maybe in the future think about more seriously...

I like what I'm hearing on this... keep it coming !

Lionello, your idea also has merit , and can be a useful learning tool..

As for unhappy exchanges,,, Well that could happen , no doubt... and the risk of that would be higher then what it is now.... but in just saying this, and thinking about this, Does that make anyone think we are perhaps now,.. candy coating critique to prevent this from happening?? Hmmmmmmmm ??
New England Moments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rense View Post
Max,
I' ll critique you on this one

I am very gentle and constructive in my comments. I supply them for there own best in order to become a better photographer
Rense,

With 'hard-core-commenters' I meant those people that do A LOT of comments/C&C, not necessary rude or negative, you & Mr. Pickles fit that bill, always trying to help others to improve I am more a 'technical advisor' type of commenter

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #14
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Constructive Critique?: No

Max,
It was only a light hearted remark. No offense taken or implied.
Old 07-28-2007   #15
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

Do we have a concensus here? Work in progress?
Old 07-28-2007   #16
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 886

Jay... I think it could fly! WIP is a nice compromise to a Critique forum.. Hope the poster follows up with a re worked shot, but if not , well could be there loss?

Yeah think I like it !
New England Moments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #17
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Constructive Critique?: No

yep, consensus on WIP
Old 07-28-2007   #18
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2418
Editing OK?: Ask First

Hello, this is my first post and I thought I might as well start here as somewhere else . I happen to know some of the posters in this thread that is why I'm not afraid to add something.
Maybe it is a good idea if the poster of a WIP also adds the intention of the shot and how (s)he came to the settings used and how (s)he visions the end result. I think it would make constructive contributions more easy.
peninna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #19
dgs
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 359

I like the idea of a wip forum. I have not posted many pictures, but I do want to learn, and don't really want an ataboy.

thanks,
Danny
dgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #20
Llama

CamelKarma: 107338
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninna View Post
Hello, this is my first post and I thought I might as well start here as somewhere else . I happen to know some of the posters in this thread that is why I'm not afraid to add something.
Maybe it is a good idea if the poster of a WIP also adds the intention of the shot and how (s)he came to the settings used and how (s)he visions the end result. I think it would make constructive contributions more easy.
Hi Francisca, it's great to have you here, I think you've made a very valid point, it will also make the photographer put additional thought into a shot before taking it.

I'm here to learn, always suggest a fix.
Please go Like my Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tutto-...fia/6288147220
Lionello is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: