A question
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2710
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default A question

I see under my name in all my posts so far there was a word Vicuna, today I noticed it changed to Guanaco. What are those, how and when do they change and what do they mean?

Thanks for explanation.

Regards

Fredy

C&C always welcome.
My PhotoCamel Gallery
Fymoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: A question

We have a great post made by one of our esteemed camels that describes the different 'levels of cameldom' in great detail: http://www.photocamel.com/forum/mode...-rankings.html

and Max@home if you're reading this - yes I finally found the lost thread .
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

At 10,000 posts you get "camel breath" under your name.

Ugh.
Old 05-16-2007   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2710
Editing OK?: Ask first

I'm honored to get an answer from two senior members. Thanks for the explanation.

I found it funny reading the posts under the explanation mentioning going back to dp review. When I started reading about photography and cameras I thought dp review was the alpha and omega but the forum put me away very quickly because of all the fighting with threads going into 100s of posts. I really like spending time here in Photocamel - people are full of knowledge and kind and it is really easy to accept the criticisms on the photos, because they really want to make you get better in taking photos. I understand the frustrations of some posters in Kiss my camel and Glamour forums. There are realy a lot of viewers but not so many posts. I regularly visit them but do not dare to comment as I do not do that type of photos (at least not to share with others) and I think there are a lot of people feeling the same.

Anyway I'm glad I found this community and I'm glad that I can be part of it.

Regards

Fredy

C&C always welcome.
My PhotoCamel Gallery
Fymoh is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: