"You have no new Karma comments" - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007   #11
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 19805
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: "You have no new Karma comments"

The new software has mystified me at almost every turn. Perhaps it would be good for someone who is in the know to compose a set of directons of FAQ for Camel 'features' which the new and the dense (that's me) could refer for such things. I do know that my record of last visit gets updated fewer than once in four actual visits. I have no idea about Karma (and have covered opinions on that subject before). I'm sure all this is very clear to you computer professionals but I'm just an amateur photographer and need help if I'm to benefit from all these 'features'.
Old 04-25-2007   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

vBulletin® - Documentation
Old 04-25-2007   #13
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 104888

Perhaps a sticky at the top of each forum explaining and encouraging Karma?

I am new here, and didn't get what the Karma was all about, so I sent a PM and got educated. I periodically have to nudge posters who wax enthusiastically about the info received and then post no Karma.

Getting Karma doesn't buy you anything like access to restricted areas, but it is nice to get a little recognition for your efforts. It feels good to get a permanent acknowledgment of your helpfulness.

I have noticed since my Karma has climbed 50 points in the few weeks I have been here, the challenges to my opinions has diminished.
kgphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #14
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgphoto View Post
Perhaps a sticky at the top of each forum explaining and encouraging Karma?
Like this one?

http://www.photocamel.com/forum/mode...tml#post184870

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007   #15
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 3037

Well I am not as active as most but I do like to give Karma to those who help. I am not sure all the time when to give but if the person was friendly and helpful I give Karma its a nice way to say thank you. I really enjoy this feature and the forum. Jim

Go Navy and bless all those in Harms Way
james23p is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: