reCAPTCHA Shut Down - Can't Recover Password!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default reCAPTCHA Shut Down - Can't Recover Password!

My PC at home logs me in automatically but I tried to log in from work the other day and couldn't remember my password. So I tried to recover my password but it requires a reCAPTCHA validation but the reCAPTCHA image just says that the validation version is shut down and won't accept anything you enter:

So basically there is NO WAY to follow thru with recovering a lost password. I tried to use the Contact link on the website but THAT requires the same reCAPTCHA validation which also doesn't work. Luckily my home PC still logs in automatically so I can still get in but anyone who forgets their password can't recover it nor can they contact PhotoCamel to report it.

PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

Old 02-07-2019   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 24993
Default Re: reCAPTCHA Shut Down - Can't Recover Password!

Also, I tried to change my password so I know what it is BUT it requires you to enter your OLD PASSWORD in order to set a new password.

So basically if you forget your password you're totally SOL!!!!
infinitempg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 815124

If you happen to be using a Chrome browser, you can go to settings-passwords. There you'll find the list of websites that have saved passwords. Find photocamel and click on the eyeball to the right and your password will appear from the *****'s

Other browsers probably have a similar ability.
Gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Try it again....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810

I have once again had problems logging in as it asks for passwords and when I give it I have to go to the forum place to clear the screen. I have changed the url from http to https but it still does it. Not a real problem as I get in eventually but not as easy as it is most of the time. It does not do it all the time.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
If you happen to be using a Chrome browser, you can go to settings-passwords. There you'll find the list of websites that have saved passwords. Find photocamel and click on the eyeball to the right and your password will appear from the *****'s

Other browsers probably have a similar ability.

I can vouch that Firefox has a similar feature. You can get to it via Options (three-horizontal-line icon at top right of browser window) in the tab that pops up, select "Privacy & Security" that pops up. Under the Logins & Passwords heading, you can then select the Saved Logins box. Once that box pops up, you can then select the Show Passwords box. You may get a warning that asks if you really want to do this, which in this case, you do. I expect that you can take it from there. If you have some other browser, the procedure is probably similar.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019   #7
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Quote:
I have once again had problems logging in as it asks for passwords and when I give it I have to go to the forum place to clear the screen.
Can you expand on this? Clear the screen, where?

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic:

Tags
lost password, recaptcha