Where is it best to post black and white flowers?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2016   #1
F1 Camel
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,891
CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

This is for the Mods...

I cannot find a flower forum, but I can find a Black and White forum. My question is where do I post black and white flower images, or does it matter?

WesternGuy

__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016   #2
Camel Breath
 
scoundrel1728's Avatar
 
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Posts: 10,235
CamelKarma: 1469544
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

Flower pictures are typically posted in the Nature and Wildlife forum even if they are garden flowers. We have some black and white flower images in the Black and White forum too. I am not a moderator, but I am a frequent visitor to both of these forums.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #3
F1 Camel
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,891
CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
Flower pictures are typically posted in the Nature and Wildlife forum even if they are garden flowers. We have some black and white flower images in the Black and White forum too. I am not a moderator, but I am a frequent visitor to both of these forums.
Thanks for the insight, but I was hoping a moderator would answer as I do not wish to get "in trouble" for posting in the wrong forum.

If I don't get an answer, then I will post in the Nature and Wildlife forum and see what happens. I don't understand why there isn't a "Flower" sub-forum as there are in a number of other photography Forums, but then I had to campaign actively to get an Infrared sub-forum and it seems to be moving along as well as some of the other, older ones.

WesternGuy
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #4
Camel Breath
 
Stiga's Avatar
 
Location: Nr. Perth, Scotland
Posts: 19,338
CamelKarma: 43713362
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

It does not matter so it is up to your personal preference.

I guess you will get roughly the same number of comments on both forums.

[HDR Forum Moderator]
__________________
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps79d51b0c.gif
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps79d51b0c.gif
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps79d51b0c.gif
Martin

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.

Software: Too numerous to list but my most used utility is ShiftN for perspective correction

Gear: Canon G12, no tripod, no lenses, no flash, no remote, no cases or bags!


Stiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #5
Camel Breath
 
Kellycat's Avatar
 
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Posts: 12,102
CamelKarma: 12247602
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

As Martin said, it is a personal choice. I think the type of critique and the nature of the comments might vary to some extent depending on where you post. I try to address issues such as composition, tonal range, contrast, texture, and mood as they apply to the BW images posted on the BW forum which I help moderate here on the PhotoCamel when the poster has indicated that they desire such input as expressed in their user preferences shown on the left of their posts. I note that you have indicated that you would welcome Constructive Critique in your preferences, "WesternGuy."
__________________
Kellycat
Kellycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #6
F1 Camel
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,891
CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiga View Post
It does not matter so it is up to your personal preference.

I guess you will get roughly the same number of comments on both forums.

[HDR Forum Moderator]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycat View Post
As Martin said, it is a personal choice. I think the type of critique and the nature of the comments might vary to some extent depending on where you post. I try to address issues such as composition, tonal range, contrast, texture, and mood as they apply to the BW images posted on the BW forum which I help moderate here on the PhotoCamel when the poster has indicated that they desire such input as expressed in their user preferences shown on the left of their posts. I note that you have indicated that you would welcome Constructive Critique in your preferences, "WesternGuy."
Thanks Stiga and Kellycat. You have helped make up my mind. Most of my postings will be in Black and White, so that is the forum I will choose, then I remembered that there is an Abstract and Artistic Expression Forum and maybe that is where I will get the most discussion, so for now that is where it will go.

WesternGuy


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes