Where is it best to post black and white flowers?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2016   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

This is for the Mods...

I cannot find a flower forum, but I can find a Black and White forum. My question is where do I post black and white flower images, or does it matter?

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469544
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Where is it best to post black and white flowers?

Flower pictures are typically posted in the Nature and Wildlife forum even if they are garden flowers. We have some black and white flower images in the Black and White forum too. I am not a moderator, but I am a frequent visitor to both of these forums.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #3
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
Flower pictures are typically posted in the Nature and Wildlife forum even if they are garden flowers. We have some black and white flower images in the Black and White forum too. I am not a moderator, but I am a frequent visitor to both of these forums.
Thanks for the insight, but I was hoping a moderator would answer as I do not wish to get "in trouble" for posting in the wrong forum.

If I don't get an answer, then I will post in the Nature and Wildlife forum and see what happens. I don't understand why there isn't a "Flower" sub-forum as there are in a number of other photography Forums, but then I had to campaign actively to get an Infrared sub-forum and it seems to be moving along as well as some of the other, older ones.

WesternGuy

Old 10-28-2016   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 43713362
Editing OK?: Yes

It does not matter so it is up to your personal preference.

I guess you will get roughly the same number of comments on both forums.

[HDR Forum Moderator]
Martin

Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.

Software: Too numerous to list but my most used utility is ShiftN for perspective correction

Gear: Canon G12, no tripod, no lenses, no flash, no remote, no cases or bags!

Stiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12247602
Editing OK?: Yes

As Martin said, it is a personal choice. I think the type of critique and the nature of the comments might vary to some extent depending on where you post. I try to address issues such as composition, tonal range, contrast, texture, and mood as they apply to the BW images posted on the BW forum which I help moderate here on the PhotoCamel when the poster has indicated that they desire such input as expressed in their user preferences shown on the left of their posts. I note that you have indicated that you would welcome Constructive Critique in your preferences, "WesternGuy."
Old 10-28-2016   #6
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiga View Post
It does not matter so it is up to your personal preference.

I guess you will get roughly the same number of comments on both forums.

[HDR Forum Moderator]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellycat View Post
As Martin said, it is a personal choice. I think the type of critique and the nature of the comments might vary to some extent depending on where you post. I try to address issues such as composition, tonal range, contrast, texture, and mood as they apply to the BW images posted on the BW forum which I help moderate here on the PhotoCamel when the poster has indicated that they desire such input as expressed in their user preferences shown on the left of their posts. I note that you have indicated that you would welcome Constructive Critique in your preferences, "WesternGuy."
Thanks Stiga and Kellycat. You have helped make up my mind. Most of my postings will be in Black and White, so that is the forum I will choose, then I remembered that there is an Abstract and Artistic Expression Forum and maybe that is where I will get the most discussion, so for now that is where it will go.

WesternGuy

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: