Karma - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010   #21
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Karma

I know what you mean. I think that way too sometimes. Am I being rude by not saying anything, are others expecting it when they give me K. I can say from my point of view, that I am not expecting it when I give K. But when received, depending on the situation, I might make a response in the thread or as a message post.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010   #22
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139

I usually say "thank you" for any compliment whether online or in pserson. Do I expect to be told thanks when I give a compliment, not so much. Not everyone feels the way I do and I don't apply my expectations to others.

Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010   #23
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327

I don't feel slighted. Honestly, I zip through here sometimes, and see the karma and comments, and smile and feel good, and then zip to something else without even thinking to send a thank you comment myself. So I'd never feel slighted about someone not commenting on what I give them. It's not something I try to keep track of, so I certainly don't feel bad if I don't get a thank you.
Old 08-10-2010   #24
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 542743

Bill and Athena are great at sending thanks out for karma donations. I'm not good at it, but I do try to give a lot of karma to others so hopefully it all evens out.

War Eagle
k9ofkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #25
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 314440

Is there a way to change given Karma? I seem to have accidentally given -ve Karma, when I meant to be nice! Can I do anything about this?
tryit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #26
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525

give + twice, perhaps?
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #27
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 60
Editing OK?: Ask first

Well this was an interesting discussion, which helped answer a couple of questions. I am still finding my way around, and it is a little hit and miss! Is there an introduction section to the site where these sorts of things are explained and that can be found easily? I looked in vain on the menu headings. I suspect I've missed it! Sorry to ask.
I do like the concept of patting someone on the back, or giving points. Encouragement is so important. So thanks to those who have encouraged me in my short time amongst you.
Starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #28
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 6153
Editing OK?: No

I've just been reading down through this thread, trying to figure out how this Karma thing works on here. Thank you all who have left me Karma comments, it's very kind of you and I appreciate it. I hope you haven't thought I was a stuck up snob by not responding, I honestly didn't know what I was supposed to do. I Also didn't even know that they were there for the longest time. So thank you again, just stumbling along trying to get it right.....
Shanna-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #29
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1206139

When you start getting karma before you've had time to understand it, I think it speaks volumes of the quality of your posts and your personality. Herem have some more just for bing nice.

Steve

Facebook

Camel Equine Group

My Equine Album

Fireworks Album

Steven G Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011   #30
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 6153
Editing OK?: No

Oh my gosh, you didn't have to do that Steve. But thank you, you are very kind.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: