Image display on site...
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2005   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Image display on site...

(No, I didn't search to see if this had been previously discussed.... ;o)

Wouldn't it be better if images were resized so that they fit the available space? Take a look at "Oh deer, Oh deer". One has to scroll to see the entire image.

BobTrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Image display on site...

Yes. It has been discussed, and I think there is a technical difficulty if the image is hosted 'off-site'. I have to say that the deer shots displayed without scroll bars for me. What screen resolution are you using?
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTrips
(No, I didn't search to see if this had been previously discussed.... ;o)

Wouldn't it be better if images were resized so that they fit the available space? Take a look at "Oh deer, Oh deer". One has to scroll to see the entire image.
I think the short answer is, "yes it would be better."
Alice Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Short answer, yes it would be better....

But the real answer is, it can't.

The size of the PhotoCamel "screen" can be a bazillion different sizes, based on the size of your particular monitor resolution, and the size of your browsers window (some maximize the browser, others do not).

I use 800pixels on the long side (usually horizontal), but 750 might be better for most.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles
Short answer, yes it would be better....

But the real answer is, it can't.

The size of the PhotoCamel "screen" can be a bazillion different sizes, based on the size of your particular monitor resolution, and the size of your browsers window (some maximize the browser, others do not).

I use 800pixels on the long side (usually horizontal), but 750 might be better for most.
Yes, I'm trying to keep it to 700 myself, or 750. Will work on a FAQ.
Old 09-15-2005   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

I should have added the reason I use 800 is because that is what PBase uses as the "Large" size image. If you post a larger image to PBase, they will make large, medium, and small "thumbs" of it...and you can keep the large size as the "original".

PBase doesn't have a wide "avatar" area on the left like PhotoCamel. Not complaining, just pointing it out.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005   #7
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65

Yes, it's been brought up before. It stands out even more if there are a number of images and you have to scroll all the way down to scroll back and forth and then scroll up to see an image, then scroll back down and adjust the picture, doing this for each image sometimes. Since I use Mozilla if the image is of interest enough that I want to see it, I just right click on the image and select View Image. This opens up that image in it's own page and I can use the page scroll bar to scroll if I need too. I don't know why this forum software is different from most of the others that use a page scroll bar rather than a inner window scroll bar. At least you don't have to scroll back and forth to read text that has gone out past the edge because of the imgage being wider than the screen. So that's one good thing.

Mike

mikej is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: