Titles / Stars
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2005   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 27
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Titles / Stars

I know post count doesn't mean you're a great contributer, but I think that the titles / stars should be revised. A mod has 5 stars and a person with, what, 250 posts also has 5.

I think it should go something like this...

2nd star, 100 posts
3rd star, 500 posts
4th star, 1000 posts
5th star, 5000 posts

That way, the regular contributers will be noticed.

Or perhaps, leave the 5 stars for mods, and implement a reputation system that users could add to for good posts. That way, newer members could have an idea as to who has the best quality of posts regardless of post count. An informative poster could have a higher rep yet lower post count than a person who posts anywhere and everywhere.

I think with the site growing, it would be a nice way to stay a bit organized. Sure, it could turn into a popularity contest with people giving rep at will, but I think it could help.

Old 08-31-2005   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 27
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Titles / Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel
We should use Karma points. Each post that you find helpful you vote a Karma point. Each 100 votes translates into one Karma point. A democratic way of rewarding with status quality posts, shots or critiques!
That could work too. I still think the posts / star / title count have to be worked out.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: