"Editing Ok?:" Thing
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 33
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default "Editing Ok?:" Thing

Im curious about this “Editing Ok?: Ask First” “Editing Ok?: No” “Editing Ok?: Yes” if the user used the word “Yes” does it mean we can really edit his/her photo?

Just to make sure I don’t infringe any copyright law…

Thanks...

Old 03-12-2011   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 15515
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: "Editing Ok?:" Thing

Editing is ok to discuss what you would do. Don't take someone's work and use it as your own.

You are who you choose to be, are you who you want to be?
Gene243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011   #3
Alpaca

Thank you for the reply... But on my “Quick Links” ---> “Edit your details” ----> “Additional Information” then “editing options” The quote says “Set this to Yes if you are happy for people to edit or otherwise process any images that you display.”

That's why i ask... I want to clarify things...

Thanks...
Bridged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Basically, its so if you post a photo and someone sees a way that they think may make it better, then you give them permission to do so. This is under the assumption that person just does their idea, posts it in the thread and says "Hey, I took your picture and did X Y & Z with it, and this is what I came up with.". You havent given up any rights to the image, and the other person has no rights to their manipulated image.

My photoshop skills are coming along, but arent great. So I say its ok for people to edit my images. But like my signature says, its expected that if they do, that they explain what they did.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #5
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Basically, its so if you post a photo and someone sees a way that they think may make it better, then you give them permission to do so. This is under the assumption that person just does their idea, posts it in the thread and says "Hey, I took your picture and did X Y & Z with it, and this is what I came up with.". You havent given up any rights to the image, and the other person has no rights to their manipulated image.

My photoshop skills are coming along, but arent great. So I say its ok for people to edit my images. But like my signature says, its expected that if they do, that they explain what they did.
Ohhh ok... I got it now... But the quotes on the option doesnt explain much... And I think others will assume that they can edit images when the user said yes…

Thank you for the reply…
Bridged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

That is the case. You are giving permission. You should either pick 'no' or 'ask first', for the most part.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011   #7
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1616509

You could always just put 'ask first'.
Old 03-13-2011   #8
Alpaca

Yes...Yes... Thank You So Much for the time... Appreciate it...

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: