Photo of the Week
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 3038224
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photo of the Week

Is there any way someone with coding experience can make a button that people can hit on a post that automatically submits an image for Photo of the Week?

wildmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Default Re: Photo of the Week

Theres a thread for suggestions. I think it would be hard for a specific radio button though, due to people posting multiple photos per post. There wouldnt be a way to say which photo you voted for. Plus I would think the code would have to recognize site wide that you have already submitted a choice, even if from another section. And that cache cleared each week
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011   #3
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 3038224
Default Re: Photo of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Theres a thread for suggestions. I think it would be hard for a specific radio button though, due to people posting multiple photos per post. There wouldnt be a way to say which photo you voted for. Plus I would think the code would have to recognize site wide that you have already submitted a choice, even if from another section. And that cache cleared each week
The button could open up a popup form, where you could input text if you wanted to specify a certain photo. It wouldn't be any different than a 'report to mod' feature that's seen on many message board services.

wildmaven is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: