searching posts
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default searching posts

Is there a way to search the site for all posts made by a specific member? I am new to the site and trying to figure out the interface.

Larry

Old 12-10-2010   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: searching posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonman View Post
Is there a way to search the site for all posts made by a specific member? I am new to the site and trying to figure out the interface.

Larry
Yes indeed. Click Search on the toolbar, and in the resulting screen, under Search by User Name, type the user name of the person whose posts you want to find. Fron the drop-down under the search box, select either Find Posts by User or Find Threads Started by User, and then click Search Now.
Old 12-10-2010   #3
Alpaca

Thanks! I really appreciate the info.
tetonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #4
Alpaca

I just tried to search using your suggestion. The search result gave me many other links in addition to my specified search. For example I typed in "Benji" and was given many other posts besides Benji. Is there a way to narrow down the search results to just those posts submitted by Benji?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: