New here
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 84
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New here

well I am new to this site it came very highly recomended. So far I have posted three posts and only one person has left a comment. Is it because I am new and not had many posts. I was told I would get good feed back as I am new to photography.

Or are my photos not that good that they do not deserve any comment

Old 11-15-2010   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Default Re: New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggs View Post
well I am new to this site it came very highly recomended. So far I have posted three posts and only one person has left a comment. Is it because I am new and not had many posts. I was told I would get good feed back as I am new to photography.

Or are my photos not that good that they do not deserve any comment
Hi Goggs,

Nothing wrong with your images, they are actually all very nice

The reason you have not received that much response (yet), IMO lies in the fact that you post several images without the specific question for C-C&C (constructive C&C, you do not want the negatives only ), and end the post with 'thanks for looking', so the people - that do not know you yet - might think you just wanted to share some images...

If you are looking for C-C&C , it is best to post a single image and 'ask for help' in the line of: is this a favourable crop, do the colors look OK to you (or overprocessed/oversaturated) etc, etc...

Further we are a big site with many separate sub forums, so traffic might be 'thinner' than on other sites or 'thinner' on the specific sub-forum you posted in, give it some more time, perhaps edit one of your posts and more specific ask for feedback

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #3
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Home View Post
Hi Goggs,

Nothing wrong with your images, they are actually all very nice

The reason you have not received that much response (yet), IMO lies in the fact that you post several images without the specific question for C-C&C (constructive C&C, you do not want the negatives only ), and end the post with 'thanks for looking', so the people - that do not know you yet - might think you just wanted to share some images...

If you are looking for C-C&C , it is best to post a single image and 'ask for help' in the line of: is this a favourable crop, do the colors look OK to you (or overprocessed/oversaturated) etc, etc...

Further we are a big site with many separate sub forums, so traffic might be 'thinner' than on other sites or 'thinner' on the specific sub-forum you posted in, give it some more time, perhaps edit one of your posts and more specific ask for feedback

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the kind info. I will do that the next time I post.

Once again thanks for the reply
Goggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

The nature/wildlife section tends to normally be a bit slow. Just took a look at your posts and youve got some great shots so far
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #5
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
The nature/wildlife section tends to normally be a bit slow. Just took a look at your posts and youve got some great shots so far
Thanks for the reply Douglas

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: