PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions / Questions (https://photocamel.com/forum/suggestions-questions/)
-   -   New here (https://photocamel.com/forum/suggestions-questions/120173-new-here.html)

Goggs 11-15-2010 11:25 AM

New here

well I am new to this site it came very highly recomended. So far I have posted three posts and only one person has left a comment. Is it because I am new and not had many posts. I was told I would get good feed back as I am new to photography.

Or are my photos not that good that they do not deserve any comment :(

Max@Home 11-15-2010 11:51 AM

Re: New here

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goggs (Post 1137540)
well I am new to this site it came very highly recomended. So far I have posted three posts and only one person has left a comment. Is it because I am new and not had many posts. I was told I would get good feed back as I am new to photography.

Or are my photos not that good that they do not deserve any comment :(

Hi Goggs,

Nothing wrong with your images, they are actually all very nice :)

The reason you have not received that much response (yet), IMO lies in the fact that you post several images without the specific question for C-C&C (constructive C&C, you do not want the negatives only :) ), and end the post with 'thanks for looking', so the people - that do not know you yet - might think you just wanted to share some images...

If you are looking for C-C&C , it is best to post a single image and 'ask for help' :) in the line of: is this a favourable crop, do the colors look OK to you (or overprocessed/oversaturated) etc, etc...

Further we are a big site with many separate sub forums, so traffic might be 'thinner' than on other sites or 'thinner' on the specific sub-forum you posted in, give it some more time, perhaps edit one of your posts and more specific ask for feedback :)

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Goggs 11-15-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max@Home (Post 1137572)
Hi Goggs,

Nothing wrong with your images, they are actually all very nice :)

The reason you have not received that much response (yet), IMO lies in the fact that you post several images without the specific question for C-C&C (constructive C&C, you do not want the negatives only :) ), and end the post with 'thanks for looking', so the people - that do not know you yet - might think you just wanted to share some images...

If you are looking for C-C&C , it is best to post a single image and 'ask for help' :) in the line of: is this a favourable crop, do the colors look OK to you (or overprocessed/oversaturated) etc, etc...

Further we are a big site with many separate sub forums, so traffic might be 'thinner' than on other sites or 'thinner' on the specific sub-forum you posted in, give it some more time, perhaps edit one of your posts and more specific ask for feedback :)

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the kind info. I will do that the next time I post.

Once again thanks for the reply:afro:

Douglas 11-15-2010 12:48 PM

The nature/wildlife section tends to normally be a bit slow. Just took a look at your posts and youve got some great shots so far :afro:

Goggs 11-15-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas (Post 1137620)
The nature/wildlife section tends to normally be a bit slow. Just took a look at your posts and youve got some great shots so far :afro:

Thanks for the reply Douglas :)