bash-back
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 417892
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default bash-back

I've seen (isolated thankfully) some examples of bash-back. This seems tolerated by the moderators, in some cases, I suppose as public retribution towards the originally offending party.

I suggest you make a rule/policy that being unfriendly towards the unfriendly should not be undertaken. Instead, inappropriate behavior should be reported to a moderator via a report-a-post button.

It seems to me that allowing a thread to devolve into a back-and-forth fight just serves to hijack the topic away from the original poster.

Gallery site
eleganteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 331829
Editing OK?: Ask First
Post Re: bash-back

I really don't think the moderators ignore this type of thing, Aaron. As a moderator myself on a different board, I can tell you that there is no way I am able to read every thread/post. As you stated, use the report a post button to alert the mods to a problem. That is the best way to alert a mod to a problem.
Old 12-14-2010   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1755
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: bash-back

Personally I think the same should go for those who seem to thrive on making those who are new to the business feel like pond scum when they ask a legitimate question! This happened to me here and it took me 2-3 months to return and realizing that THESE people make up avery small percentage of the community. I am glad to be back
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 75-300mm USM
timmyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 542743

I've been around here for a good long time and honestly there is not much of that. There have been instances where things turned ugly but lots of times the board policed itself pretty well. There have been a few occasions where some individuals got out of hand repeatedly. They were given timeouts and then another chance. Unable to change their ways, they were eventually given the death penalty here.

The mods here are awesome!! They allow spirited debate - as they should - but know when someone has crossed the line.

War Eagle
k9ofkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1755

Thanks for your reply k9ofkaos Kind of missed my time here!

Canon Xs (1000D)
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 18-55mm IS
Canon 75-300mm USM
timmyster is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: