Whats up with our moderators?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 107572
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Whats up with our moderators?

Several months ago, I sent a request to change my username to something less political...Not only did that not happen, but I never even get a response. I chalked that up to difficulty with the forum software and forgot about it.

Recently, I requested a thread I had started be locked because it was going a direction I did not care for. Instead it was deleted, many hours after the request. Again, no explanation.

Why can't our moderators at least send us a PM letting us know that our request was considered? Instead, we just find out later that the mod's not only did not follow our wishes, but felt we were not important enough to even let us know why?

I am disappointed by the staff of this forum, and feel that they owe more to the participants than to either ignore them or act against their wishes....especially without at least a PM to explain why.

I'm done. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to rant, even though this thread will probably be deleted soon, again, without explanation. Either that, or I'll be banned...Fun times.

Who is John Galt?
Kerbouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 37722
Default Re: Whats up with our moderators?

I should be a mod. I'm on here everyday anyway.

Romans 1:16
nillapoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

They've never been particularly communicative about their actions. You get used to it.
Old 11-16-2010   #4
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 107572

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
They've never been particularly communicative about their actions. You get used to it.
I'm over it...I just felt like ranting a bit.

Who is John Galt?
Kerbouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #5
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

I read that novel some years ago at the behest of an erstwhile girlfriend; I rather enjoyed the suspense leading up to finding out who John Galt was. Other than that I have no comment as I thought the novel was somewhat contrived.

As for name change, all I could suggest is that maybe you should just join under another name and then refer to yourself as the former whatever (who had 592 msgs), just as a way to continue.
Bodryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #6
Llama

CamelKarma: 669

Why do Mods get moaned at all the time remember they are human.

Well I think they are..
Old 12-08-2010   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff I View Post
Why do Mods get moaned at all the time remember they are human.

Well I think they are..
I agree with you, but a Mod should give a reason why they removed a post or something a long those lines. As a person who has moderated forums in the passed, I have notified people why they were warned, banned, post removed, or moved, etc. It is just a common courtesy.

Wish list: Canon T1i or Nikon D3100
.Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: