How to include a photo?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default How to include a photo?

Could someone say exactly how to attach a photo?

I went to the B&W photo thread and thought I would post one of mine. But even after reading the help, etc., I am not clear on how to include a photo in a post.

Thanks,

Mark

Old 07-18-2005   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2079
Default Re: How to include a photo?

Do you have a web site that is hosting your photos? If so, you need to copy the url link and then start a post and click on the 2nd from the left icon on the second row. This will place [img][/img] n your text area and you need to past the url in between the two. You then can do a preview and you should see the photo in your post.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2005   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12

Well, I tried.

I wrote the post and clicked on the insert image and put the url inbetween the things and it didn't work.

The preview just showed a litle blue box.

This is the url I wanted to post: http://anstendig.com/Mark%27s%20phot...rg%20Gate.html

Mark
mbanstendig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanstendig
Well, I tried.

I wrote the post and clicked on the insert image and put the url inbetween the things and it didn't work.

The preview just showed a litle blue box.

This is the url I wanted to post: http://anstendig.com/Mark%27s%20phot...rg%20Gate.html

Mark
I tried to post your url and I got a red x on preview. It may be that the site hosting your photo does not allow you to link to it thru another forum. I know there are some free hosting sites out there that will allow linking but I am not sure which one would be the best.
Old 07-22-2005   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 23

Add a .jpg to the end of teh url you paste in between the img code.
Old 07-26-2005   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 35

I have my photos at pbase. It works to post images at dpreview.com forums, but I can't get it to work here. Any suggestions?

Thank you.
ditto1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005   #7
Llama

CamelKarma: 23

See above. I use pbase also.

Canon 5D
metalstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: