Congratulations on the Quick Setup
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2005   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Congratulations on the Quick Setup

I don't know how you guys did it. Your site has been open for just 2 or 3 days, and you already have over 100 members. I on the other hand, have had my forums open for almost 3 months with only 39 members :-[ Any suggestions?

http://www.wtntennis.info

Old 07-19-2005   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2079
Default Re: Congratulations on the Quick Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtntennis
I don't know how you guys did it. Your site has been open for just 2 or 3 days, and you already have over 100 members. I on the other hand, have had my forums open for almost 3 months with only 39 members* :-[ Any suggestions?
What is your site about and what is the url?
Old 07-19-2005   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 61279

Quote:
I don't know how you guys did it. Your site has been open for just 2 or 3 days, and you already have over 100 members. I on the other hand, have had my forums open for almost 3 months with only 39 members* :-[ Any suggestions?
I just hope the members find the forum useful and continue to return. Suggestions: too many to list. But WYAF (work your *** off) is a good place to start. Getting quality contributors such as those you find here are key.

Cool Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2079

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Quote:
I just hope the members find the forum useful and continue to return.* Suggestions: too many to list. But WYAF (work your *** off) is a good place to start. Getting quality contributors such as those you find here are key.

Quality Contributors? Heck I just come for the Rum and Coke LOL

The admin is correct. Just get your site out there and get some of your members to bring in new people. I know I have passed around the site here to others.
Old 07-19-2005   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 80

Yup, persistence, getting the name out there in other forums, registering with search engines and spiders, offering something different from 'competitors', ease of use, good layout.... all reasons that people want to stay and join. I started cooperspeed.com with a friend of mine last february and we just recently hit 1000 members. But it's still tough trying to get more than a handful to post. So many lurkers. And we are up against two other very large forums. But like photocamel, we didn't like what we saw at the other two and new we could offer something different.
d2creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005   #6
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11

http://www.wtntennis.info

Have a look for yourself if you would.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Suggestions / Questions »

Share this topic: