Old Atlantic
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Street & Photojournalism

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 90079
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Old Atlantic

OLd Atlantic restaurant. I liked the color of the building.

Atlantic2.jpg

Atlantic1.jpg

Old 09-11-2018   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Old Atlantic

Color doesn't stand out in the color version, and in the B&W one, I think the building appears a bit too dark, or there are too many medium to dark tones in it...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 90079
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Color doesn't stand out in the color version, and in the B&W one, I think the building appears a bit too dark, or there are too many medium to dark tones in it...
ok, i think my screen might be a bit to bright then?
fossil fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 1467548
Editing OK?: Ask First

I have to agree with Mr. Pickles, especially about the color version. On my monitor, the building comes out an indistinct blue-black. Furthermore, the sky has large areas that are badly burned out. Looks like this image could use a little HDR treatment. Thee monochrome version is better in this respect, with the building being lighter and the burned-out areas in the sky being smaller but still noticeable. I suspect that the monochrome version has received some HDR treatment, or at least some tone mapping, and is the better for it.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Street & Photojournalism »

Share this topic: