Fundraising
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Sports & Action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Fundraising

Fundraising For A High School Wrestling Team

I have taken pics of our high school wrestling matches for over 2 years. Each year, I attend the matches I am able to get to (10 of 15 or so), take lots of pics with my Canon Mark III, edit them, post to facebook, and at the end of the year, give each wrestler a copy of over 1,000 pics.
Some kids I get more shots of, others hardly any, I just go, have fun, and shoot.
I have never charged anyone (and that is another very long argument) but since quitting pro, I just do as a hobby as long as it's enjoyable to me.

Having said all of this, I will be photographing the team for 2 more years and they are in need of $$ for their team.
I would like to start charging for my photography to 100% benefit the team.

I have tossed around ideas like just post a few teasers to facebook & at the end of the year charge for a cd or after each match, make a cd and charge for it at the next match but that feels like work...

I don't want to make work for myself, like I said I want it to be enjoyable for me, just thought I could think of a creative way to bring in money for the team.

On a side note, the school has a contract with a local photography company that does not allow me to do portraits and that again is a lot like work.

Any ideas appreciated...thank you!

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5a&oe=5A696323

Old 11-08-2017   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 36120
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Fundraising

I think no matter how you do it, it'll be work.

If it were me, I'd try to figure out how much money I'd raise for the year doing the work and selling the images. If it's like $1000 or something, and a cause I wanted to contribute to, I'd just write the check myself, and continue enjoying myself. Nothing ruins a good time like putting a lot of time and money into a project that never returns anything. In my experience people will tell you they'll buy the images, but they usually don't. Or a few will a few times, and then nothing. I'd spare myself the time and energy.

But everyone is different, and YMMV. Good luck with though!

Nikon D800, D5500 IR 590nm, D50
nu2scene is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Sports & Action »

Share this topic:

Tags
fundraisers, sports, volunteer