Sony A7r III focus point not visible?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Sony A7r III focus point not visible?

Hey guys!

I find the focus point of my a7r III not really visible compared to the focus point of my Canon 5d.... A lot of times I am struggling to find where the focus dot is. Is there a way to make it more visible? Anybody else experienced this?

Is there a way to improve the responsiveness and visibility of the AF (square) dots?

Thanks!

haring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6966254
Default Re: Sony A7r III focus point not visible?

Looking thru the viewfinder, right? Are you using the joystick or the touch screen LCD to move it around? Does it still have different colors based on what you use to move? Touchscreen use it is green, right? But Joystick it is more gray? Don't think there is a way to make it brighter or more pronounced, but assume you are having issues outside in a landscape like situation?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457
Default Re: Sony A7r III focus point not visible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
Looking thru the viewfinder, right? Are you using the joystick or the touch screen LCD to move it around? Does it still have different colors based on what you use to move? Touchscreen use it is green, right? But Joystick it is more gray? Don't think there is a way to make it brighter or more pronounced, but assume you are having issues outside in a landscape like situation?

Yes, using the viewfinder. The small AF point is greyish and hard to see where it is. I have missed shots because I didn't know where the focus point was. Sometimes a second delay makes a huge difference.

Also, for some reason it is always placed on the left corner by default. Why? Why not in the middle? I always have to push it somewhere where my subject is. My subject is rarely in the left corner.

haring is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic:

Tags
miami wedding photographers, wedding photographers