How many batteries do you usually use to shoot a full wedding with a a7r iii?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2018   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default How many batteries do you usually use to shoot a full wedding with a a7r iii?

How many batteries do you usually use to shoot a full wedding with a sony a7r iii?
3-4?

haring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 230434
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: How many batteries do you usually use to shoot a full wedding with a a7r iii?

Really Seems you have no clue what your looking at Just rent the camera and test it. This will answer all your questions and more.....

TiP: for weddings buy two cameras and get Sony Imaging Pro Support.
Old 04-22-2018   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 186457
Default Re: How many batteries do you usually use to shoot a full wedding with a a7r iii?

Anybody using battery grips for shooting weddings with your sony? Any experience? Does it kill sony's bog advantage, it's compact, small size?
Old 04-22-2018   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

I don't know about Sony cameras, but I have found that two fully-charged batteries are more than adequate to get me through even the busiest day's shooting with anything I have ever shot with, except in the days when I was still using nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd) AA cells with my Nikon Coolpix 950, when I occasionally ran through both sets of cells. After switching to nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) cells, that problem went away. Lithium-ion cells also work well, but they lose capacity noticeably after a few years, whether you use them or not.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018   #5
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039
Editing OK?: No

with the sony A7Riii or the A7iii which uses the newer and bigger battery, 2 batteries should be enough for a full day shooting as what my friend who owns one can attest to. on the older/original a7 which uses the older and smaller capacity battery, i normally uses just about 2 but i try my best to conserve battery life. on a holiday with both the a7 and ant a6000, i carry about 2 batteries on the a7 with the grip, 1 battery on the a6000 and 2 spare batteries. i normally dont bring any bttery charger since i can charge the battery inside the a6000 body using a power bank

post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic: