PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Sony (https://photocamel.com/forum/sony/)
-   -   Out for delivery (https://photocamel.com/forum/sony/227836-out-delivery.html)

d43 12-18-2016 06:19 PM

Out for delivery

My new a6000 is "out for delivery":) I will be sitting on the front porch waiting for the Brown Truck tomorrow. Can't wait for this camera, all the stuff I have been reading about it has me really excited to get it. I'll be replacing my brick D200, bad shoulders have left me unable to hoist it up anymore, this little pound+ will be a real relief.

heaterguy 12-19-2016 07:46 AM

Re: Out for delivery

Quote:

Originally Posted by d43 (Post 2332137)
My new a6000 is "out for delivery":) I will be sitting on the front porch waiting for the Brown Truck tomorrow. Can't wait for this camera, all the stuff I have been reading about it has me really excited to get it. I'll be replacing my brick D200, bad shoulders have left me unable to hoist it up anymore, this little pound+ will be a real relief.

Congrats. It's a great purchase. I got mine to replace the D300 which I loved but the weight was getting to me.

d43 12-19-2016 09:30 AM

Thanks Heaterguy, 27degrees here in TN this morning, good day to hunker down with a new camera and try to figure it out. Have a great day in the Lone Star....

d43 12-19-2016 11:01 AM

Well, the Brown Truck has delivered!! Have opened the box to discover that the battery has ZERO CHARGE, ARRGGGHHH!!! Must be related to the cold weather. So, it's now sitting plugged in and waiting, waiting, waiting.... At least the charger hooked up the camera does come on when I turn it on, relief....
Will post more when I can play...

wolfd 12-19-2016 01:22 PM

Congratulations on your new camera. I have had my a6000 for about a year. It is a great camera.

Hackbone 12-19-2016 06:59 PM

Hopefully getting mine tomorrow also. Got a decent deal on a used one with 55-210 and a 35mm 1.8. Post the shots you get with it. Good luck.

heaterguy 12-19-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d43 (Post 2332198)
Well, the Brown Truck has delivered!! Have opened the box to discover that the battery has ZERO CHARGE, ARRGGGHHH!!! Must be related to the cold weather. So, it's now sitting plugged in and waiting, waiting, waiting.... At least the charger hooked up the camera does come on when I turn it on, relief....
Will post more when I can play...

"A word to the wise" get an additional battery or two. The one negative I have about this camera is that it eats batteries.

wolfd 12-19-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heaterguy (Post 2332247)
"A word to the wise" get an additional battery or two. The one negative I have about this camera is that it eats batteries.

I totally agree. :afro:

Hackbone 12-19-2016 08:51 PM

It doesn't eat batteries.....look at the size of the battery.....if you want longer battery life you need a bigger camera for a bigger battery. Sort of defeats the idea of making a smaller, lighter camera.

heaterguy 12-20-2016 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackbone (Post 2332251)
It doesn't eat batteries.....look at the size of the battery.....if you want longer battery life you need a bigger camera for a bigger battery. Sort of defeats the idea of making a smaller, lighter camera.

It's all relevant. I carry three and at the end of the day I was charging them all back up.