Which Sony Flash? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Which Sony Flash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinstafl View Post
I just got two Nissan and the air commander. Once you figure out how to binnhem they work well.
Which Nissin's?
Old 01-16-2016   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620

Well I settled on the Sony HVL-F43M. After some serious self-analysis and my direction in photography I realized I don't really need all the bells and whistles any longer. This has all I need and I can even do wireless off camera flash with it.
Old 04-06-2016   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 116
Editing OK?: Yes

You can't go wrong with any of the Sony lights. I use a F60 with a Gary Fong tupperware thingy for walk-around event shoots. Never had a problem. Good luck
jstevensphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #14
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 703373
Editing OK?: Ask First

Just picked up a Godox 685 for Sony that works really well and the price is right.
Hackbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #15
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 780694

I'm using a Neewer NW880s with my A77ii it has the same MI hot shoe as the A6000.
https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Camera...=neewer+nw880s
Old 01-12-2017   #16
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039

if you have an a6000 and u want portability, i would suggest getting those very small speedlights with TTL capability. 2 3rd party brand i can think of is the nissin i40 and the other is the meike speedlite mk320.

i own the mk320 and using it on the a3500 and the A7. it is very cheap, very compact and has a micro usb port which you can use to charge rechargeable AA batteries without taking the battery out of the flash unit. it also has 3 video led light for video mode.

if you just want a manual flash, any youngno flash would do.

i have an HVL32AM (minolta mount) and the HVL32M but i prefer using the meike speedlight due to its portability.
post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I can't recommend the Godox/Flashpoint flashes enough. I have the 685 & 860v2 both worth great wireless in both manual and ttl with the transmitter.!!!!!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Sony »

Share this topic: