The PhotoCamel Gallery - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Site-Related Announcements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009   #11
Llama

CamelKarma: 144660
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The PhotoCamel Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Shields View Post
Private means that they're only visible to you. Public is visible to all - members and guests.
Yesterday, I created a "private" album, which should have meant that only I was able to view the album and its contents, correct? The album contained 14 images of some glamour nudes. Today I found that one of the images had been deleted (by an administrator?) and I also received a message saying that the album should have been in the glamour galleries (I saw no such option when uploading the images). Since this was a private album, how could anyone else view the contents? And, is there a special tutorial for uploading glamour images? Nevertheless, the album was supposed to be "private". I was later going to determine whether I could post a few of the images to the Glamour Forum from my private album. Is it possible to do that? I don't particularly want the whole album to be viewable to anyone but myself, but I might want to post a few select images to the appropriate forum. As it seems something went horribly awry on my first attempt to upload images to a private album, I have deleted all of the images until I can determine what went wrong. As an added precaution (in addition to making the album private), I had also checked the box that said the images included "mature content" (which was basically just 1960's style nudity).
mjp321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp321 View Post
Yesterday, I created a "private" album, which should have meant that only I was able to view the album and its contents, correct? The album contained 14 images of some glamour nudes.
I responded to you by PM. Your album was fine. The mistake was mine. Apologies.
Old 07-15-2009   #13
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 15232
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp321 View Post
Yesterday, I created a "private" album, which should have meant that only I was able to view the album and its contents, correct?
Yeah, "private" isn't completely private here. I had several images in a private gallery and was shocked to see that they'd been viewed several times and a few of them even rated.

Project4145

Lee4145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #14
Llama

CamelKarma: 546794

I have uploaded photos into the gallery before but for some reason I no longer have an "upload" option. I was going to attach a screen shot but since I can't do that either I'm at a loss. When I choose upload to a gallery I have all of the usual options but nowhere am I able to actually upload an image. The storage space indicator bar is green so I know I have storage space available. Any help is appreciated.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I'm mostly anti-social, don't take my lack of comments personally. I'm also forgetful and occasionally forget that I posted something.
JackAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #15
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Hmm, there shouldn't be any quota issues or anything similar to that to prevent you uploading, so not quite sure why you're missing the "Upload" option. I can see the option on my screen (using the Camel Dark theme). Could you try changing your theme to see if it fixes things (link in bottom left of every page)? I doubt if it will, but it may point to some page corruption issues.

What happens when you go directly to the upload page? Login - free online photo gallery at PhotoCamel.com
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009   #16
Llama

Switching to the light theme revealed what appears to be a Flash icon that usually appears on a page for which I have blocked scripts. I have allowed all actions from photocamel.com so my best guess based on this would be that I'm going to have to hunt down a plug in for Firefox in Linux. I thought I had them all but apparently something has changed. I will let you know if I figure it out. Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I'm mostly anti-social, don't take my lack of comments personally. I'm also forgetful and occasionally forget that I posted something.
Old 09-12-2009   #17
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

A new gallery help system is online, also available simply by clicking Gallery Help from the Galleries menu.
JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009   #18
Llama

After much frustration and fiddling with not being able to upload images to the PhotoCamel gallery I finally determined it was the version of the flash plugin I had installed. I post the solution here should another Linux user be in need of it. This solution worked for Ubuntu 9.04 (kernel 2.6.28-15) with Firefox 3.0.14.

I had Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999 installed and was unable to upload photos. The "select files for upload" button was not present on screen:

In order to correct the problem I had to uninstall all Shockwave Flash plugins (Adobe and non-Adobe) then install the latest version of the Flash plugin (10.0 r32)from the Adobe site. Once it was installed everything went back to normal again and I am able to upload photos to the gallery.

Old 09-14-2010   #19
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 92951

Is there an easy way to change the status of an album from private to public, or will I need to create a new public album and move the images?

Figured out the first question... but discovered that one of the photos I uploaded ended up as a submission to Calendar 2010... That sure wasn't by design... How can I remove it/move it to my album "Studio Equipment"?

Is there an easy way to move an album from one location to another? I inadvertently created an album in the Glamor section, but had intended to make it available to the general public.

Thanks in advance...

Problem solved... I finally gave up and deleted the album, then recreated it in the correct location. No longer an issue.

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer!

Last edited by LibertyHeir; 09-15-2010 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Modified original (first) question
LibertyHeir is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Miscellany > Site-Related Announcements »

Share this topic: