Printing in London
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 189
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Printing in London

I've recently relocated to London, UK and wondering if there are posters on here that live there or have information that could help me.

I'm looking for somewhere that offers good printing both for my portfolio and for clients. At present I'd like to print some A2 for my portfolio.

Any tips on living/working here would also be nice.

Thanks.

Old 01-11-2009   #2
Guanaco

Default Re: Printing in London

Hmmm.... nobody.
KingEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 300767
Editing OK?: No

I am living in south Wales so I can't advise you on London labs, but I order my prints on line anyway.

If you want to order on line;

Loxley and One Vision Imaging are Pro labs with a good reputation.

Loxley: Loxley Colour - Imaging for Professionals, Port Dundas, Glasgow, Scotland

One vision Imaging: One Vision Imaging - Incorporating Colab, Multiprint, and Leach Colour

You can also get good quality printing at a much lower price from DSColourlabs
Digital photo printing made easy

I use DSColourlabs for my general printing. If I wanted particular mounting or finishing options I might try one of the other two, particularly at the larger print sizes where the price differential is not so great.

It is worth trying DSColourlabs though, as I struggle to see any difference in print quality.
Old 01-11-2009   #4
Guanaco

Thanks so much. I'll give them a look over and maybe do one from each.
KingEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010   #5
Llama

CamelKarma: 6018
Editing OK?: Yes

I recently used Peak Imaging online for a one off print. The print was quite abstract, they actually emailed me back to query the image before printing. The final print was exactly as expected. Only used the once but very happy with their results.

Jim
jim_j is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic:

Tags
london, printing, work