Printing
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 85
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Printing

While I am sure that more here will have the ability to print their own large format prints, at this time I just cant justify it. Has anyone used Costco for prints? If so what have been your experience with the large sizes they offer? Do you use printer profiles, etc? Thanks!

Old 10-01-2008   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1942889
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Printing

Well this summer, in a cost-saving experiment, I used Costco to print six enlargements, which I then matted and entered in a juried show. Four of the six photos made it into the show, so I guess the printing was OK.

(I blame inexperienced or unreasonably biased judges for rejecting the other two.)

IMO, Costco's printing follows the standard GIGO practice of almost any high-tech process (Garbage In, Garbage Out) If you give them good files to print, you'll get good prints back.
.................................Weston
w7apd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008   #3
Vicuna

I have had a few prrofs blown up by them just this week, the stuff turned out really good, very close to the printer profiles, and was of a high quality, although the customer service at two different locations was crummy.

Thanks for the experience, as I think it is what you will find, GIGO no matter where. plus $3 for a 12x18 proof is great for spotting issues before you send it out for a $30 print!
xplodn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008   #4
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranzcontent View Post
How do you select the materials used for printing?
What materials? I think they jsut one one luster and one gloss paper, you can usually select the high quailty or normal printer for the same price.

Canon XSi and a few lenses
Old 10-02-2008   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 497479

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplodn View Post
What materials? I think they jsut one one luster and one gloss paper, you can usually select the high quailty or normal printer for the same price.
Xplodn,

you just got caught by a spambot using automatic post either from dictionaries or Eliza style vague questions. Most of those post with 2 or 3 text links with random junk are bots.

Korman
korman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008   #6
Vicuna

Well I ahve compared both Millers and WHCC to the costco prints and there is no comparision to the quality of the pro labs, although those two are identicle!

Canon XSi and a few lenses

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: