Tablets and Phones
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1134055
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Tablets and Phones

Has anyone tried printing from either device? I've had my tablet for years but never thought about printing from it, decided to give it a try as I wanted to see what the images captured with the device would look like. I have a Lenovo tablet which although it has an Android OS doesn't seem to be compatible with most iPrint/Cloud Print apps. I found a 3rd party app that works though, just having problems printing to the default tray, all images go directly to roll paper.

I found out how to print to the tray, has to be selected in the print dialogue on my laptop and on the printer menu.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Default Re: Tablets and Phones

You talking about printing images from a tablet?

I have not done that, but do use an app to print documents, like PDFs or word docs or stuff from internet....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
You talking about printing images from a tablet?

I have not done that, but do use an app to print documents, like PDFs or word docs or stuff from internet....
Yes, printing directly or indirectly from the tablet. Even though I'm printing from the tablet the connection to the printer also goes through my laptop. I could probably do it directly to the printer if both were WIFI capable but not so in my case. The tablet/laptop/printer are all wireless though, when I say connected to the laptop each device is connected wirelessly through my Google Chrome account.

https://epson.com/Support/wa00605a
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 6146683
Editing OK?: Yes

I'm confused. I don't have a tablet, but can print to my wireless printer from my desktop or laptop through my home network by installing the printer on the device.
Mike67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike67 View Post
I'm confused. I don't have a tablet, but can print to my wireless printer from my desktop or laptop through my home network by installing the printer on the device.
Hi Mike,

Tablets and phones need a specific app, I think it has to do with not having a driver to install on the devices.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: