Calibration from monitor to printer..manually - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Calibration from monitor to printer..manually

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2scene View Post
To get 'accurate' calibration you really need to calibrate every device you use. So you need to calibrate your camera, your monitor and finally the all in One Printers. Otherwise the exposure and color will not be correct. However what you are willing to accept might be a lot less than 'accurate'.

You really should at least get some sort of monitor calibration device. However, if you can't afford that, you can't help it.

The most common problem when printing is that your prints come out too dark. The most likely problem is that you have your monitor too bright. I'd try to cut the brightness down in half. Then try to print again. You might need to keep lowering the brightness more. But I'd start with that and see how you make out.

Overall the first image looks like it's underexposed. You might have to edit that as well. But first off, try lowering the screen brightness and see what that does to your print.
What is its Print speed a minute?
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Calibration from monitor to printer..manually

See if anything in this video helps you. I have had problems getting my monitor and printer to work together even using a colorometer. I saw this and applied his suggestions and my prints are now spot on. I have a lap top and got it to work. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-J9_zaC-a0

heaterguy is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: