Love AdoramaPix printing BUT
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2015   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 12004952
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Angry Love AdoramaPix printing BUT

after several books and a current time sensitive 59 print order I have come to despise their delivery.

They insist on using UPS which means USPS. I have NOT ONCE had an order arrive as promised.

Perhaps it's my own fault because the books I had them print were not that time sensitive. The 59 8x10s that I ordered this time are Christmas gifts and we're getting really close.

The order was submitted on 12/11/15 and I paid an extra $12.00 to have them arrive on December 18 (the "estimate"). That said, I received my shipping notice on 12/17 so obviously I wasn't going to get them on the 18th. OK cool, there's still the 19th (Saturday) and 21st (today). Well the mail is in and zippo . NOW I am not a happy camper since the tracking showed them as "out for delivery" today.

I don't want to hear "It's busy season". I also don't want to hear "it's not our fault". I have mentioned this to them before but if they insist on this delivery system, it is indeed their problem if not their fault.

I have ordered similar gifts in other years from MPix and Blurb and they got here early. While neither matches Adorama quality and paper choices, the short story is that quality does me zero good without on time delivery.

Lesson to be learned: Use Adorama when I need excellent quality but have no particular time period in which I need them. For anything where I actually care when I get it (like a holiday or birthday), I'm afraid Adorama is off the table. A shame really but I am done with any company using USPS as the final delivery vehicle.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
24-105 f4L IS; 50mm f1.4; 70-200 f4L IS; 85mm f1.4; 55-250 IS;
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 IS ; Sekonic L-358;
http://bilsen.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Bilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Default Re: Love AdoramaPix printing BUT

I hear you. I ordered 2 prints with their Thanksgiving special and paid that extra for 2 day shipping. Sunday it said it had shipped. The saturday after, it still said a label was created, so I sent a note via FB and their site. They apologized up and down and said it shipped, but they would reprint it and ship it again. I said ok, but I need it by thursday because I am going on a trip for 10 days and dont want it left in the elements. It was received the next monday and sat out all week. It rained as well as had cold and damp mornings, so the packaging was pretty much done and the prints were wet. The first set still never showed up either.

So I think Im done with them as well.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

Not sure if you know it is USPS or UPS that is the issue. I do not have a USPS blanket issue, so I'm not throwing out a place because of who is used. But I would throw out the company if they can't find the package, can't get it as promised, or can't fix it.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1036487

If you are an Mac user and send to Apple you get superb printing and excellent paper. My last order with them were a dozen calendars sent them in a week ago and got them back UPS in 5 days. I have no idea if Windows user can use them
klaesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015   #5
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
I hear you. I ordered 2 prints with their Thanksgiving special and paid that extra for 2 day shipping. Sunday it said it had shipped. The saturday after, it still said a label was created, so I sent a note via FB and their site. They apologized up and down and said it shipped, but they would reprint it and ship it again. I said ok, but I need it by thursday because I am going on a trip for 10 days and dont want it left in the elements. It was received the next monday and sat out all week. It rained as well as had cold and damp mornings, so the packaging was pretty much done and the prints were wet. The first set still never showed up either.

So I think Im done with them as well.
I see Douglas.

Really annoying aspect is that I am not in Tennessee, or even New Jersey. I am about 40 miles north of them in NY.

I won't say I'm done with Adorama but I will never use them again for time sensitive orders.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Old 12-22-2015   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

They responded and are refunding my cost for the order. I will be hesitant with time sensitive orders as well and request them be shipped fed ex or UPS without USPS.

When you check a tracking number and for a week it says a label was created, then either the person picking them up (or shipping them out) isnt doing something right. Heck for that close, Id be willing to drive there (though we are talking having to drive through NYC)
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015   #7
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 127808
Editing OK?: Ask first

To my knowledge I have never had a package handled by both USPS and UPS. It's one or the other. Not saying it doesn't happen but I've not seen it. Bummer about the situation.
Dave R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 838840
Editing OK?: Ask First

Here is a email from me to Helen Oster at Adorama regarding the same issue above....back in 2014

Just want you to know that I had submitted a 11x14 print to be processed on Dec 30th and it was shipped out
on Dec 31st. I am not that far from New York City, about 90 miles. I have just checked out my
tracking to see where it is and it is Lehigh Valley Pa about the same distance away as NYC. Today’s
date is Jan 6th, which means I might get it on the 7th, which I highly doubt because USPS stinks in my area!

With the holiday taken out in the count of days it has been 5 days so far and my order is as far away from
me as the day it shipped..If I do get it tommorrow which I know I won’t it will be a total of 6 days to ship 90 miles..

You have shipped it USPS 2 day priority! I just thought you might be interested in knowing that you paid for 2 day priority
and it will take 3 times longer to get it to customer! Last year I had an order from you guys and was tracking the package,
It arrived at my local post office on a Monday and I never got the package until friday,, a total of 9 days to get it here. and
4 days from the Post office..

My post office is exactly 1 mile away from me!1!!!!!!!!

http://rinnella.wix.com/bob-innella-imagery

Nikon D500, Nikon 80-400mm--Sony A77, SONY A700
Sony 70-300G,Sony 70-400,Tamron 17-50, Tamron 70-200 2.8
Sony 16-50, Sony 35 1.8, Sony 18-135,Minolta 100 2.8, Minolta 50 1.7, Sony 55-200
Buckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016   #9
F1 Camel

Buck,

I also talked to Helen about this a while back. I like her a lot but she isn't gonna change company policy. I haven't see her here in a long bit. Maybe she's no longer involved with Adorama. That would be a shame.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Old 01-11-2016   #10
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10143065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R. View Post
To my knowledge I have never had a package handled by both USPS and UPS. It's one or the other. Not saying it doesn't happen but I've not seen it. Bummer about the situation.
It does happen. Had several of those for Christmas orders. UPS gets it to my hometown and then USPS takes over. Once it is in the hands of USPS, tracking means absolutely nothing.

I did have a UPS ground package sit in Greensboro, NC for four days last week.

Canon 6D MkII
Canon 70D
Canon 80D
Misc. Canon Lenses
Sigma 150-600mm C
Sigma 100-400mm C
Samyang 8mm Fisheye

Last edited by greenjeans; 01-11-2016 at 10:57 PM.. Reason: text
greenjeans is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: