Love AdoramaPix printing BUT - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2016   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 12004952
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Love AdoramaPix printing BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
It does happen. Had several of those for Christmas orders. UPS gets it to my hometown and then USPS takes over. Once it is in the hands of USPS, tracking means absolutely nothing.

I did have a UPS ground package sit in Greensboro, NC for four days last week.
Same here. Exactly.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
24-105 f4L IS; 50mm f1.4; 70-200 f4L IS; 85mm f1.4; 55-250 IS;
Tamron 28-75 f2.8 IS ; Sekonic L-358;
http://bilsen.zenfolio.com
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Bilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Helen use to come here often. I cant remember seeing her here in more than a few years now.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 5625
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No

No, I'm still here!

But you have a 'me' over at AdoramaPix now. Her name is Libby and she is wonderful. If you need help, you can either email me as before and I'll pass it on, or directly to Libby: libby@adoramapix.com
Old 02-04-2016   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 5625
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
They responded and are refunding my cost for the order. I will be hesitant with time sensitive orders as well and request them be shipped fed ex or UPS without USPS.

When you check a tracking number and for a week it says a label was created, then either the person picking them up (or shipping them out) isnt doing something right. Heck for that close, Id be willing to drive there (though we are talking having to drive through NYC)
We are actually looking into this issue right now, in relation to a number of Adorama packages that I know without doubt were collected by USPS on a certain date, but for reasons that are currently far from clear, sat in the USPS facility for up to 5 days.
Old 02-04-2016   #15
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Oster View Post
We are actually looking into this issue right now, in relation to a number of Adorama packages that I know without doubt were collected by USPS on a certain date, but for reasons that are currently far from clear, sat in the USPS facility for up to 5 days.
Helen, this was the exact point of my post.

I think Adorama is the highest quality book I print even at the highest cost. However, for time critical things I won't use you guys anymore because of your USPS usage. I'm sorry but there it is.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
www.pbase.com/bilsen
Old 02-04-2016   #16
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 838840
Editing OK?: Ask First

I have to agree with Bilsen, I will not order anything from Adorama until they stop letting UPS hand it over to the USPS..

http://rinnella.wix.com/bob-innella-imagery

Nikon D500, Nikon 80-400mm--Sony A77, SONY A700
Sony 70-300G,Sony 70-400,Tamron 17-50, Tamron 70-200 2.8
Sony 16-50, Sony 35 1.8, Sony 18-135,Minolta 100 2.8, Minolta 50 1.7, Sony 55-200
Buckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Hi Folks

Libby here - first, if you ever have any issues please feel free to reach me directly at libby@adoramapix.com. We ship both UPS and USPS, depending on which one says it will get it there faster, we use. It's the same set up as Amazon.com

However, we did have a lot of issues with USPS over the holidays. So much so, we had to eliminate international shipping because of lost and damaged orders. We tried to compensate as best to our abilities with members when it came to late packages through USPS.

Please note, we also get a lot of feedback as well with our usage over UPS with orders arriving damaged.

Feedback and suggestions are always welcomed because that is how we shape the future for our members. We need to hear from you as to what is working and what is not. I know we are currently working on ways to improve shipping and handling, everything from packaging things differently to working with reps with USPS and UPS.

Please note, you can always contact me - I can usually help. Any questions or concerns? Let me know.

You can also find me on facebook, twitter, instagram, g+, periscope.. you name it.

Libby
libby@adoramapix..com
Social Media Manager
LibbyAdoramaPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016   #18
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 838840

Libby,, We have just told you that USPS DOES NOT WORK! and it wasn't just during the holidays. Just read the comments on the 2 pages posted here..

http://rinnella.wix.com/bob-innella-imagery

Nikon D500, Nikon 80-400mm--Sony A77, SONY A700
Sony 70-300G,Sony 70-400,Tamron 17-50, Tamron 70-200 2.8
Sony 16-50, Sony 35 1.8, Sony 18-135,Minolta 100 2.8, Minolta 50 1.7, Sony 55-200
Buckmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016   #19
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
Libby,, We have just told you that USPS DOES NOT WORK! and it wasn't just during the holidays. Just read the comments on the 2 pages posted here..
Understood - we also get complaints that UPS does not work -- products arrive damaged.

Please understand, for some it works and for some it doesn't - and so does UPS - that is why we are currently working with our reps from both companies.
LibbyAdoramaPix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016   #20
F1 Camel

Thank you for joining the discussion Libby.

Obviously from your comments, and those on this thread, your delivery systems don't match your product quality. I hope you care able to resolve these problems because I do like your product a lot.

Canon 5D; 70D; 600D/T3i;
www.pbase.com/bilsen

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Printing Images »

Share this topic: